Racial bias in police stops and searches: an economic analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stanley D. Longhofer & Stephen R. Peters, 1998. "Beneath the rhetoric: clarifying the debate on mortgage lending discrimination," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q IV, pages 2-13.
- Becker, Gary S, 1993. "Nobel Lecture: The Economic Way of Looking at Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 385-409, June.
- Phelps, Edmund S, 1972. "The Statistical Theory of Racism and Sexism," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(4), pages 659-661, September.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shamena Anwar & Hanming Fang, 2006.
"An Alternative Test of Racial Prejudice in Motor Vehicle Searches: Theory and Evidence,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(1), pages 127-151, March.
- Shamena Anwar & Hanming Fang, 2004. "An Alternative Test of Racial Prejudice in Motor Vehicle Searches: Theory and Evidence," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1464, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Shamena Anwar & Hanming Fang, 2005. "An Alternative Test of Racial Prejudice in Motor Vehicle Searches: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 11264, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shanti Chakravarty, 2009. "Efficient Legal Procedure And Statistical Discrimination," Working Papers 09002, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Bunzel, Helle & Marcoul, Philippe, 2008.
"Can racially unbiased police perpetuate long-run discrimination?,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 36-47, October.
- Bunzel, H. & Marcoul, P., 2003. "Can Racially Unbiased Police Perpetuate Long-Run Discrimination?," Discussion Paper 2003-16, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bunzel, Helle & Marcoul, Philippe, 2003. "Can Racially Unbiased Police Perpetuate Long-Run Discrimination?," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10200, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Borooah, Vani K., 2002. "Economic analysis of police stops and searches: a reply," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 607-608, September.
- Dharmapala Dhammika & Ross Stephen L, 2004.
"Racial Bias in Motor Vehicle Searches: Additional Theory and Evidence,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, pages 1-23.
- Dhammika Dharmapala & Stephen L. Ross, 2003. "Racial Bias in Motor Vehicle Searches: Additional Theory and Evidence," Working papers 2003-12, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2003.
- Stephen L. Ross, 2003. "What Is Known about Testing for Discrimination: Lessons Learned by Comparing across Different Markets," Working papers 2003-21, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2003.
- Drake, Leigh M. & Simper, Richard, 2003. "An evaluation in the choice of inputs and outputs in the efficiency measurement of police forces," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 701-710, December.
- Gregory DeAngelo & R. Kaj Gittings & Amanda Ross & Annie Walker, 2016. "Police Bias in the Enforcement of Drug Crimes: Evidence from Low Priority Laws," Working Papers 16-01, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Trevor G. Gardner, 2014. "Racial Profiling as Collective Definition," Social Inclusion, Cogitatio Press, vol. 2(3), pages 052-059.
- Chakravarty, Shanti P., 2002. "Economic analysis of police stops and searches: a critique," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 597-605, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:poleco:v:17:y:2001:i:1:p:17-37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.