The topology of a causal network for the Chinese financial system
The paper builds a causal network for the Chinese financial system based on the Granger causality of company risks, studies its different topologies in crisis and bull period, and applies the centrality to explain individual risk and prevent systemic risk. The results show that this causal network possesses both small-world phenomenon and scale-free property, and has a little different average distance, clustering coefficient, and degree distribution in different periods, and financial institutions with high centrality not only have large individual risk, but also are important for systemic risk immunization.
Volume (Year): 392 (2013)
Issue (Month): 13 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Furfine, Craig H, 2003. " Interbank Exposures: Quantifying the Risk of Contagion," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(1), pages 111-28, February.
- Alberto Sa Vinhas & Jan B. Heide & Sandy D. Jap, 2012. "Consistency Judgments, Embeddedness, and Relationship Outcomes in Interorganizational Networks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(5), pages 996-1011, May.
- Bech, Morten L. & Atalay, Enghin, 2010.
"The topology of the federal funds market,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 389(22), pages 5223-5246.
- Ma, Yuan-yuan & Zhuang, Xin-tian & Li, Ling-xuan, 2011. "Research on the relationships of the domestic mutual investment of China based on the cross-shareholding networks of the listed companies," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(4), pages 749-759.
- Huang, Wei-Qiang & Zhuang, Xin-Tian & Yao, Shuang, 2009. "A network analysis of the Chinese stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(14), pages 2956-2964.
- Billio, Monica & Getmansky, Mila & Lo, Andrew W. & Pelizzon, Loriana, 2012.
"Econometric measures of connectedness and systemic risk in the finance and insurance sectors,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 535-559.
- Monica Billio & Mila Getmansky & Andrew W. Lo & Loriana Pelizzon, 2011. "Econometric Measures of Connectedness and Systemic Risk in the Finance and Insurance Sectors," Working Papers 2011_21, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Upper, Christian & Worms, Andreas, 2002.
"Estimating Bilateral Exposures in the German Interbank Market: Is there a Danger of Contagion?,"
Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies
2002,09, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Upper, Christian & Worms, Andreas, 2004. "Estimating bilateral exposures in the German interbank market: Is there a danger of contagion?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 827-849, August.
- Christian Upper & Andreas Worms, 2001. "Estimating bilateral exposures in the German interbank market: is there a danger of contagion?," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Marrying the macro- and micro-prudential dimensions of financial stability, volume 1, pages 211-229 Bank for International Settlements.
- Joel BAUM & Robin COWAN & Nicolas JONARD, 2009.
"Network-independent partner selection and the evolution of innovation networks,"
Working Papers of BETA
2009-23, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Joel A. C. Baum & Robin Cowan & Nicolas Jonard, 2010. "Network-Independent Partner Selection and the Evolution of Innovation Networks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(11), pages 2094-2110, November.
- Baum, Joel & Cowan, Robin & Jonard, Nicolas, 2009. "Network-independent partner selection and the evolution of innovation networks," MERIT Working Papers 022, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Diego Garlaschelli & Stefano Battiston & Maurizio Castri & Vito D. P. Servedio & Guido Caldarelli, 2003.
"The scale-free topology of market investments,"
cond-mat/0310503, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2004.
- Garlaschelli, Diego & Battiston, Stefano & Castri, Maurizio & Servedio, Vito D.P. & Caldarelli, Guido, 2005. "The scale-free topology of market investments," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 350(2), pages 491-499.
- Iori, G. & Masi, G. D. & Precup, O. V. & Gabbi, G. & Caldarelli, G., 2005.
"A network analysis of the Italian oversight money market,"
05/05, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Iori, Giulia & De Masi, Giulia & Precup, Ovidiu Vasile & Gabbi, Giampaolo & Caldarelli, Guido, 2008. "A network analysis of the Italian overnight money market," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 259-278, January.
- Wen-Qi Duan, 2012. "Modelling the Evolution of National Economies Based on Input–Output Networks," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 39(2), pages 145-155, February.
- Hui Guo & Robert Savickas, 2008. "Average Idiosyncratic Volatility in�G7�Countries," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(3), pages 1259-1296, May.
- Gay, Brigitte & Dousset, Bernard, 2005. "Innovation and network structural dynamics: Study of the alliance network of a major sector of the biotechnology industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1457-1475, December.
- Markose, Sheri & Giansante, Simone & Shaghaghi, Ali Rais, 2012. "‘Too interconnected to fail’ financial network of US CDS market: Topological fragility and systemic risk," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 627-646.
- Namaki, A. & Shirazi, A.H. & Raei, R. & Jafari, G.R., 2011. "Network analysis of a financial market based on genuine correlation and threshold method," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(21), pages 3835-3841.
- Kimmo Soramaki & Morten L. Bech & Jeffrey Arnold & Robert J. Glass & Walter Beyeler, 2006.
"The topology of interbank payment flows,"
243, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Soramäki, Kimmo & Bech, Morten L. & Arnold, Jeffrey & Glass, Robert J. & Beyeler, Walter E., 2007. "The topology of interbank payment flows," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 379(1), pages 317-333.
- Wang, Zijun, 2010. "Dynamics and causality in industry-specific volatility," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1688-1699, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:392:y:2013:i:13:p:2965-2976. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.