Consumer expenditure distribution in India, 1983–2007: Evidence of a long Pareto tail
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Abhik Ghosh & Kausik Gangopadhyay & B. Basu, 2009. "Consumer Expenditure Distribution in India, 1983-2007: Evidence of a Long Pareto Tail," Papers 0912.5420, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2010.
- Abhik Ghosh & Kausik Gangopadhyay & B. Basu, 2010. "Consumer Expenditure Distribution In India, 1983- 2007: Evidence Of Long Pareto Tail," Working papers 62, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode.
References listed on IDEAS
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2006. "The World Distribution of Income: Falling Poverty and … Convergence, Period," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 121(2), pages 351-397.
- Pagan,Adrian & Ullah,Aman, 1999. "Nonparametric Econometrics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521355643.
- Erich Battistin & Richard Blundell & Arthur Lewbel, 2009.
"Why Is Consumption More Log Normal than Income? Gibrat's Law Revisited,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 117(6), pages 1140-1154, December.
- Erich Battistin & Richard Blundell & Arthur Lewbel, 2007. "Why is consumption more log normal than income? Gibrat's law revisited," IFS Working Papers W07/08, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Erich Battistin & Richard Blundell & Arthur Lewbel, 2007. "Why is Consumption More Log Normal Than Income? Gibrat's Law Revisited," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 671, Boston College Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gao, Li, 2015. "Evolution of consumption distribution and model of wealth distribution in China between 1995 and 2012," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 429(C), pages 76-86.
- Touzani, Samir & Van Buskirk, Robert, 2016. "Estimating sales and sales market share from sales rank data for consumer appliances," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 451(C), pages 266-276.
- Chatterjee, Arnab & Chakrabarti, Anindya S. & Ghosh, Asim & Chakraborti, Anirban & Nandi, Tushar K., 2016.
"Invariant features of spatial inequality in consumption: The case of India,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 442(C), pages 169-181.
- Arnab Chatterjee & Anindya S. Chakrabarti & Asim Ghosh & Anirban Chakraborti & Tushar K. Nandi, 2015. "Invariant features of spatial inequality in consumption: the case of India," Papers 1507.04236, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2015.
- Parikh, Kirit S. & Parikh, Jyoti K., 2016. "Realizing potential savings of energy and emissions from efficient household appliances in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 102-111.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer expenditure; Log-normal distribution; Pareto distribution; Gini coefficient;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:390:y:2011:i:1:p:83-97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/ .