Coupled projects, core imputations, and the CAPM
Projects, private or public, that share input factors or output requirements had better be construed as members of a portfolio. Present risk, the capital asset pricing model may facilitate valuation of each member. Chief results of that model are derived and generalized here as core solutions to a transferable-utility production game. Shadow prices define stochastic discount factors that determine values of individual projects. Variance aversion largely affects such prices whence optimal allocations.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ivar Ekeland & Alfred Galichon & Marc Henry, 2012.
"Comonotonic measures of multivariate risks,"
- Carlier, G. & Dana, R.-A. & Galichon, A., 2012.
"Pareto efficiency for the concave order and multivariate comonotonicity,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 207-229.
- Guillaume Carlier & Rose-Anna Dana & Alfred Galichon, 2012. "Pareto efficiency for the concave order and multivariate comonotonicity," Post-Print hal-01053549, HAL.
- Guillaume Carlier & Rose-Anna Dana & Alfred Galichon, 2012. "Pareto efficiency for the concave order and multivariate comonotonicity," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/5rkqqmvrn4t, Sciences Po.
- Levy, H & Markowtiz, H M, 1979. "Approximating Expected Utility by a Function of Mean and Variance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(3), pages 308-17, June.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1988. "Asset Pricing in Multiperiod Securities Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(6), pages 1283-1300, November.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1983. "A characterization of the distributions that imply mean--Variance utility functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 185-201, February.
- Sjur Didrik Flåm & Yuri Ermoliev, 2004.
"Investment Uncertainty, and Production Games,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1191, CESifo Group Munich.
- Martin J Osborne & Ariel Rubinstein, 2009.
"A Course in Game Theory,"
814577000000000225, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
- Breeden, Douglas T., 1979. "An intertemporal asset pricing model with stochastic consumption and investment opportunities," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 265-296, September.
- S D Flåm & L Koutsougeras, 2005.
"Private Information, Transferable Utility, and the Core,"
The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series
0512, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- S. Flåm & L. Koutsougeras, 2010. "Private information, transferable utility, and the core," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 42(3), pages 591-609, March.
- Flåm, Sjur Didrik & Koutsougeras, L., 2007. "Private Information, Transferable Utility, and the Core," Working Papers in Economics 04/07, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- S. D. Flåm. & L. Koutsougeras, 2007. "Private information, transferable utility,and the core," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0703, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Flam, Sjur & Owen, Guillermo & Saboya, Martha, 2005. "The not-quite non-atomic game: Non-emptiness of the core in large production games," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 279-297, November.
- Damir Filipović & Michael Kupper, 2008. "Equilibrium Prices For Monetary Utility Functions," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 11(03), pages 325-343.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/9713 is not listed on IDEAS
- Duffie, Darrell, 1991. "The theory of value in security markets," Handbook of Mathematical Economics, in: W. Hildenbrand & H. Sonnenschein (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 31, pages 1615-1682 Elsevier.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:48:y:2012:i:3:p:170-176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.