Coupled projects, core imputations, and the CAPM
Projects, private or public, that share input factors or output requirements had better be construed as members of a portfolio. Present risk, the capital asset pricing model may facilitate valuation of each member. Chief results of that model are derived and generalized here as core solutions to a transferable-utility production game. Shadow prices define stochastic discount factors that determine values of individual projects. Variance aversion largely affects such prices whence optimal allocations.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 48 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jmateco|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Damir Filipović & Michael Kupper, 2008. "Equilibrium Prices For Monetary Utility Functions," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 11(03), pages 325-343.
- Carlier, G. & Dana, R.-A. & Galichon, A., 2012.
"Pareto efficiency for the concave order and multivariate comonotonicity,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 207-229.
- Guillaume Carlier & Rose-Anna Dana & Alfred Galichon, 2012. "Pareto efficiency for the concave order and multivariate comonotonicity," Post-Print hal-01053549, HAL.
- Guillaume Carlier & Rose-Anna Dana & Alfred Galichon, 2012. "Pareto efficiency for the concave order and multivariate comonotonicity," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/5rkqqmvrn4t, Sciences Po.
- Sjur Didrik Flåm & Yuri Ermoliev, 2004.
"Investment Uncertainty, and Production Games,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1191, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ivar Ekeland & Alfred Galichon & Marc Henry, 2012.
"Comonotonic measures of multivariate risks,"
Sciences Po publications
info:hdl:2441/5rkqqmvrn4t, Sciences Po.
- Martin J Osborne & Ariel Rubinstein, 2009.
"A Course in Game Theory,"
814577000000000225, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Flam, Sjur & Owen, Guillermo & Saboya, Martha, 2005. "The not-quite non-atomic game: Non-emptiness of the core in large production games," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 279-297, November.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1988. "Asset Pricing in Multiperiod Securities Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(6), pages 1283-1300, November.
- S. D. Flåm. & L. Koutsougeras, 2007.
"Private information, transferable utility,and the core,"
The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series
0703, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- S. Flåm & L. Koutsougeras, 2010. "Private information, transferable utility, and the core," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 42(3), pages 591-609, March.
- S D Flåm & L Koutsougeras, 2005. "Private Information, Transferable Utility, and the Core," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0512, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Flåm, Sjur Didrik & Koutsougeras, L., 2007. "Private Information, Transferable Utility, and the Core," Working Papers in Economics 04/07, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/9713 is not listed on IDEAS
- Breeden, Douglas T., 1979. "An intertemporal asset pricing model with stochastic consumption and investment opportunities," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 265-296, September.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
- Levy, H & Markowtiz, H M, 1979. "Approximating Expected Utility by a Function of Mean and Variance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(3), pages 308-317, June.
- Duffie, Darrell, 1991. "The theory of value in security markets," Handbook of Mathematical Economics, in: W. Hildenbrand & H. Sonnenschein (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 31, pages 1615-1682 Elsevier.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1983. "A characterization of the distributions that imply mean--Variance utility functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 185-201, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:48:y:2012:i:3:p:170-176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.