Oligarchies in spatial environments
In spatial environments we consider social welfare functions satisfying Arrow's requirements, i.e. weak Pareto and independence of irrelevant alternatives. Individual preferences measure distances between alternatives according to the lp-norm (for a fixed 1
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ehlers,Lars & Storcken,Ton, 2001.
"Arrow's Theorem in Spatial Environments,"
006, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Ehud Kalai & Eitan Muller & Mark Satterthwaite, 1979. "Social welfare functions when preferences are convex, strictly monotonic, and continuous," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 87-97, March.
- Michel Le Breton & John A. Weymark, 2002.
"Social choice with analytic preferences,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 637-657.
- Michel LeBreton & John A. Weymark, 2000. "Social Choice with Analytic Preferences," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1050, Econometric Society.
- Michel Le Breton & John A. Weymark, 2000. "Social Choice with Analytic Preferences," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0023, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics, revised Mar 2001.
- Le Breton, M. & Weymark, J.A., 1991. "Social Choice with Analytic Preferences," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 91a02, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Sonnenschein, Hugo, 1972. "General Possibility Theorems for Group Decisions," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(2), pages 185-92, April.
- Campbell, Donald E., 1993. "Euclidean individual preference and continuous social preference," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 541-550, November.
- repec:ubc:bricol:91-28 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sethuraman, Jay & Teo, Chung-Piaw & Vohra, Rakesh V., 2006. "Anonymous monotonic social welfare functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 128(1), pages 232-254, May.
- Blair, Douglas H. & Pollak, Robert A., 1979. "Collective rationality and dictatorship: The scope of the arrow theorem," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 186-194, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:45:y:2009:i:3-4:p:250-256. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.