Oligarchies in spatial environments
In spatial environments we consider social welfare functions satisfying Arrow's requirements, i.e. weak Pareto and independence of irrelevant alternatives. Individual preferences measure distances between alternatives according to the lp-norm (for a fixed 1
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michel Le Breton & John A. Weymark, 2002.
"Social choice with analytic preferences,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 637-657.
- Michel Le Breton & John A. Weymark, 2000. "Social Choice with Analytic Preferences," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0023, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics, revised Mar 2001.
- Le Breton, M. & Weymark, J.A., 1991. "Social Choice with Analytic Preferences," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 91a02, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Michel LeBreton & John A. Weymark, 2000. "Social Choice with Analytic Preferences," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1050, Econometric Society.
- EHLERS, Lars & STORCKEN, Ton, 2002.
"Arrow's Theorem in Spatial Environments,"
Cahiers de recherche
2002-03, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- repec:ubc:bricol:91-28 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sethuraman, Jay & Teo, Chung-Piaw & Vohra, Rakesh V., 2006. "Anonymous monotonic social welfare functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 128(1), pages 232-254, May.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Sonnenschein, Hugo, 1972. "General Possibility Theorems for Group Decisions," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(2), pages 185-92, April.
- Campbell, Donald E., 1993. "Euclidean individual preference and continuous social preference," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 541-550, November.
- Ehud Kalai & Eitan Muller & Mark Satterthwaite, 1979. "Social welfare functions when preferences are convex, strictly monotonic, and continuous," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 87-97, March.
- Blair, Douglas H. & Pollak, Robert A., 1979. "Collective rationality and dictatorship: The scope of the arrow theorem," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 186-194, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:45:y:2009:i:3-4:p:250-256. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.