Cominimum additive operators
This paper proposes a class of weak additivity concepts for an operator on the set of real valued functions on a finite state space \omega, which include additivity and comonotonic additivity as extreme cases. Let \epsilon be a collection of subsets of \omega. Two functions x and y on \omega are \epsilon-cominimum if, for each E \subseteq \epsilon, the set of minimizers of x restricted on E and that of y have a common element. An operator I on the set of functions on is E- cominimum additive if I(x+y) = I(x)+I(y) whenever x and y are \epsilon-cominimum. The main result characterizes homogeneous E-cominimum additive operators in terms of the Choquet integrals and the corresponding non-additive signed measures. As applications, this paper gives an alternative proof for the characterization of the E-capacity expected utility model of Eichberger and Kelsey (1999) and that of the multi-period decision model of Gilboa (1989).
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gilboa, Itzhak, 1989.
"Expectation and Variation in Multi-period Decisions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(5), pages 1153-69, September.
- Itzhak Gilboa, 1989. "Expectation and Variation in Multi-Period Decisions," Post-Print hal-00753240, HAL.
- repec:spr:compst:v:52:y:2000:i:2:p:221-236 is not listed on IDEAS
- Algaba, A. & Bilbao, J.M. & Borm, P.E.M. & Lopez, J., 1998.
"The position value for union stable systems,"
FEW 768, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Schmeidler, David, 1989.
"Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 571-87, May.
- David Schmeidler, 1989. "Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7662, David K. Levine.
- Jürgen Eichberger & David Kelsey, 1999.
"E-Capacities and the Ellsberg Paradox,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 107-138, April.
- Itzhak Gilboa & David Schmeidler, 1989.
"Maxmin Expected Utility with Non-Unique Prior,"
- van den Nouweland, Anne & Borm, Peter & Tijs, Stef, 1992.
"Allocation Rules for Hypergraph Communication Situations,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 20(3), pages 255-68.
- van den Nouweland, C.G.A.M. & Borm, P.E.M. & Tijs, S.H., 1992. "Allocation rules for hypergraph communication situations," Other publications TiSEM b97fb9dd-2acf-470d-b9eb-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:43:y:2007:i:2:p:218-230. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.