An Axiomatization of Choquet Expected Utility with Cominimum Independence
This paper proposes a class of independence axioms for simple acts. By introducing the E-cominimum independence axiom that is stronger than the comonotonic independence axiom but weaker than the independence axiom, we provide a new axiomatization theorem of simple acts within the framework of Choquet Expected Utility. Furthermore, in order to provide the axiomatization of simple acts, we generalize Kajii, Kojima, and Ui (2007, Journal of Mathematical Economics) into an infinite state space. Our axiomatization theorem relates Choquet Expected Utility to Multi-prior Expected Utility through the core of a capacity that is explicitly derived within our framework. Our result in this paper also derives Gilboa (1989, Econometrica), Eichberger and Kelsey (1999, Theory and Decision), and Rohde (2010, Social Choice and Welfare) as a corollary.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Yoshida-Honmachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501|
Web page: http://www.kier.kyoto-u.ac.jp/eng/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schmeidler, David, 1989.
"Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 571-87, May.
- David Schmeidler, 1989. "Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7662, David K. Levine.
- Asano, Takao, 2006. "Portfolio inertia under ambiguity," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 223-232, December.
- Kirsten Rohde, 2010. "A preference foundation for Fehr and Schmidt’s model of inequity aversion," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 34(4), pages 537-547, April.
- Gilboa, Itzhak, 1989.
"Expectation and Variation in Multi-period Decisions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(5), pages 1153-69, September.
- Itzhak Gilboa, 1989. "Expectation and Variation in Multi-Period Decisions," Post-Print hal-00753240, HAL.
- Jürgen Eichberger & David Kelsey, 1999.
"E-Capacities and the Ellsberg Paradox,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 107-138, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kyo:wpaper:878. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ryo Okui)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.