On the computation of stable sets for bimatrix games
In this paper it is shown how to compute stable sets, defined by Mertens (1989), inthe context of bimatrix games only using linear optimization techniques.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wilson, Robert, 1992. "Computing Simply Stable Equilibria," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(5), pages 1039-1070, September.
- Srihari Govindan & Robert Wilson, 2002. "Maximal stable sets of two-player games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 30(4), pages 557-566.
- John Hillas & Dries Vermeulen & Mathijs Jansen, 1996. "On the Finiteness of Stable Sets," Game Theory and Information 9605003, EconWPA, revised 15 Jun 1996.
- Blume, Lawrence E & Zame, William R, 1994.
"The Algebraic Geometry of Perfect and Sequential Equilibrium,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(4), pages 783-794, July.
- Lawrence E. Blume & William R. Zame, 1993. "The Algebraic Geometry of Perfect and Sequential Equilibrium," Game Theory and Information 9309001, EconWPA.
- Talman, A.J.J. & van den Elzen, A.H., 1991. "A procedure for finding Nash equilibria in bi-matrix games," Other publications TiSEM 14df3398-1521-43ad-8803-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Jansen M. J. M. & Jurg A. P. & Borm P. E. M., 1994. "On Strictly Perfect Sets," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 400-415, May.
- Vermeulen, Dries & Jansen, Mathijs, 2005. "On the computation of stable sets for bimatrix games," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 735-763, September.
- Vermeulen Dries & Jansen Mathijs, 2004. "On the computation of stable sets for bimatrix games," Research Memorandum 020, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Mathijs Jansen & Dries Vermeulen, 2001. "On the computation of stable sets and strictly perfect equilibria," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 17(2), pages 325-344.
- Hillas, John, 1990. "On the Definition of the Strategic Stability of Equilibria," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(6), pages 1365-1390, November.
- Vermeulen, A. J. & Jansen, M. J. M., 2000. "Ordinality of solutions of noncooperative games," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 13-34, February.
- Talman, A.J.J. & Yang, Z., 1994. "A simplicial algorithm for computing proper Nash equilibria of finite games," Discussion Paper 1994-18, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kohlberg, Elon & Mertens, Jean-Francois, 1986. "On the Strategic Stability of Equilibria," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1003-1037, September.Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
- KOHLBERG, Elon & MERTENS, Jean-François, 1986. "On the strategic stability of equilibria," CORE Discussion Papers RP 716, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- E. Kohlberg & J.-F. Mertens, 1998. "On the Strategic Stability of Equilibria," Levine's Working Paper Archive 445, David K. Levine.