A note on calculating the Gini index
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 39 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/mathematics-and-computers-in-simulation/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McDonald, James B, 1984. "Some Generalized Functions for the Size Distribution of Income," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 647-63, May.
- Salem, A B Z & Mount, T D, 1974. "A Convenient Descriptive Model of Income Distribution: The Gamma Density," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(6), pages 1115-27, November.
- Butler, Richard J & McDonald, James B, 1987. "Interdistributional Income Inequality," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 5(1), pages 13-18, January.
- Schmittlein, David C, 1983. "Some Sampling Properties of a Model for Income Distribution," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 1(2), pages 147-53, April.
- Kloek, Teun & van Dijk, Herman K., 1978. "Efficient estimation of income distribution parameters," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 61-74, August.
- Thurow, Lester C, 1970. "Analyzing the American Income Distribution," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(2), pages 261-69, May.
- Slottje, Daniel J., 1984. "A measure of income inequality in the U.S. for the years 1952-1980 based on the beta distribution of the second kind," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 15(3-4), pages 369-375.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:matcom:v:39:y:1995:i:3:p:353-358. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.