A note on calculating the Gini index
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 39 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/mathematics-and-computers-in-simulation/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Salem, A B Z & Mount, T D, 1974. "A Convenient Descriptive Model of Income Distribution: The Gamma Density," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(6), pages 1115-27, November.
- Thurow, Lester C, 1970. "Analyzing the American Income Distribution," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(2), pages 261-69, May.
- Butler, Richard J & McDonald, James B, 1987. "Interdistributional Income Inequality," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 5(1), pages 13-18, January.
- Schmittlein, David C, 1983. "Some Sampling Properties of a Model for Income Distribution," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 1(2), pages 147-53, April.
- Slottje, Daniel J., 1984. "A measure of income inequality in the U.S. for the years 1952-1980 based on the beta distribution of the second kind," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 15(3-4), pages 369-375.
- McDonald, James B, 1984. "Some Generalized Functions for the Size Distribution of Income," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 647-63, May.
- Kloek, Teun & van Dijk, Herman K., 1978. "Efficient estimation of income distribution parameters," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 61-74, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:matcom:v:39:y:1995:i:3:p:353-358. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.