Efficient estimation of income distribution parameters
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Dagsvik & Zhiyang Jia & Bjørn Vatne & Weizhen Zhu, 2013.
"Is the Pareto–Lévy law a good representation of income distributions?,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 719-737, April.
- John K. Dagsvik & Weizhen Zhu & Bjørn H. Vatne & Zhiyang Jia, 2011. "Is the Pareto-Lévy Law a Good Representation of Income Distributions?," LIS Working papers 568, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Hu, Baiding, 1995. "A note on calculating the Gini index," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 353-358.
- Kai-Li Wang & Christopher Fawson & Christopher B. Barrett & James B. McDonald, 2001.
"A flexible parametric GARCH model with an application to exchange rates,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 521-536.
- Wang, Kai-Li & Fawson, Christopher B. & Barrett, Christopher B. & McDonald, James B., 1998. "A Flexible Parametric Garch Model With An Application To Exchange Rates," Economics Research Institute, ERI Study Papers 28355, Utah State University, Economics Department.
- Christophe Muller, 2005.
"Poverty and inequality under income and price dispersions,"
Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 38(3), pages 979-998, August.
- Christophe Muller, 2005. "Poverty and inequality under income and price dispersions," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 38(3), pages 979-998, August.
- Christophe Muller, 2004. "Poverty And Inequality Under Income And Price Dispersions," Working Papers. Serie AD 2004-35, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Sung Y. Park & Anil K. Bera, 2018.
"Information theoretic approaches to income density estimation with an application to the U.S. income data,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 16(4), pages 461-486, December.
- Sung Y. Park & Anil K. Bera, 2018. "Information theoretic approaches to income density estimation with an application to the U.S. income data," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 16(4), pages 461-486, December.
- Schluter, Christian & van Garderen, Kees Jan, 2009. "Edgeworth expansions and normalizing transforms for inequality measures," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 150(1), pages 16-29, May.
- Stanislav Kolenikov & Anthony Shorrocks, 2005.
"A Decomposition Analysis of Regional Poverty in Russia,"
Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(1), pages 25-46, February.
- Stanislav Kolenikov & Anthony F. Shorrocks, 2003. "A Decomposition Analysis of Regional Poverty in Russia," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2003-74, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Kazuhiko Kakamu & Haruhisa Nishino, 2019. "Bayesian Estimation of Beta-type Distribution Parameters Based on Grouped Data," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 54(2), pages 625-645, August.
- Vladimir Hlasny, 2020.
"Parametric Representation of the Top of Income Distributions: Options, Historical Evidence and Model Selection,"
547, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Vladimir Hlasny, 2020. "Parametric Representation of the Top of Income Distributions: Options, Historical Evidence and Model Selection," Commitment to Equity (CEQ) Working Paper Series 90, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Christophe Van den Bulte & Stefan Stremersch, 2004. "Social Contagion and Income Heterogeneity in New Product Diffusion: A Meta-Analytic Test," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(4), pages 530-544, July.
- Kazuhiko Kakamu & Haruhisa Nishino, 2016. "Bayesian Estimation Of Beta-Type Distribution Parameters Based On Grouped Data," Discussion Papers 2016-08, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- McAleer, Michael, 1995. "The significance of testing empirical non-nested models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 149-171, May.
- Callealta Barroso, Francisco Javier & García-Pérez, Carmelo & Prieto-Alaiz, Mercedes, 2020. "Modelling income distribution using the log Student’s t distribution: New evidence for European Union countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 512-522.
- Juan Mora & Alicia Pérez-Alonso, 2009.
"Specification tests for the distribution of errors in nonparametric regression: a martingale approach,"
Journal of Nonparametric Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 441-452.
- Alicia Pérez Alonso & Juan Mora, 2008. "Specification Tests for the Distribution of Errors in Nonoarametric Regression: A Martingale Approach," Working Papers. Serie AD 2008-11, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Dietmar Harhoff & Frederic M. Scherer & Katrin Vopel, 1997.
"Exploring the Tail of Patented Invention Value Distributions,"
CIG Working Papers
FS IV 97-27, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Scherer, Frederic M. & Harhoff, Dietmar & Vopel, Katrin, 1997. "Exploring the Tail of Patented Invention Value Distributions," ZEW Discussion Papers 97-30, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Davide Provenzano, 2017. "On the World Distribution of Income," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 63(1), pages 189-196, March.
- Fernández-Morales, Antonio, 2016. "Measuring poverty with the Foster, Greer and Thorbecke indexes based on the Gamma distribution," MPRA Paper 69648, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Singh, Vijay P., 2018. "Systems of frequency distributions for water and environmental engineering," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 506(C), pages 50-74.
- Guanghua Wan, 2012. "Towards Greater Equality in China: The Economic Growth Dividend," Working Papers 2012/33, Maastricht School of Management.
- Christophe Muller, 2001. "The Properties of the Watts Poverty Index under Lognormality," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 9(1), pages 1-9.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:8:y:1978:i:1:p:61-74. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.