The generalised beta as a model for the distribution of earnings
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Singh, S K & Maddala, G S, 1976. "A Function for Size Distribution of Incomes," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(5), pages 963-970, September.
- McDonald, James B, 1984. "Some Generalized Functions for the Size Distribution of Income," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 647-663, May.
- Salem, A B Z & Mount, T D, 1974. "A Convenient Descriptive Model of Income Distribution: The Gamma Density," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(6), pages 1115-1127, November.
- Thurow, Lester C, 1970. "Analyzing the American Income Distribution," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(2), pages 261-269, May.
- Solow, Robert M., 1979. "Another possible source of wage stickiness," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 79-82.
- Sahota, Gian Singh, 1978. "Theories of Personal Income Distribution: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 1-55, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ramos, Arturo, 2015. "Are the log-growth rates of city sizes normally distributed? Empirical evidence for the US," MPRA Paper 65584, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Boccanfuso, Dorothée & Richard, Patrick & Savard, Luc, 2013.
"Parametric and nonparametric income distribution estimators in CGE micro-simulation modeling,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 892-899.
- Dorothée Boccanfuso & Patrick Richard & Luc Savard, 2012. "Parametric and nonparametric income distribution estimators in CGE micro-simulation modeling," EcoMod2012 4631, EcoMod.
- Duangkamon Chotikapanich & William Griffiths & Wasana Karunarathne & D.S. Prasada Rao, 2013.
"Calculating Poverty Measures from the Generalised Beta Income Distribution,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 89, pages 48-66, June.
- Duangkamon Chotikapanich, William Griffiths, Wasana Karunarathne, D.S. Prasada Rao, 2012. "Calculating Poverty Measures from the Generalized Beta Income Distribution," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1154, The University of Melbourne.
- Stephen P. Jenkins, 2007. "Inequality and the GB2 income distribution," Working Papers 73, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Michał Brzeziński, 2013.
"Parametric Modelling of Income Distribution in Central and Eastern Europe,"
Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics,
CEJEME, vol. 5(3), pages 207-230, September.
- Michał Brzeziński, 2013. "Parametric modelling of income distribution in Central and Eastern Europe," Working Papers 2013-31, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Ramos, Arturo & Sanz-Gracia, Fernando, 2015. "US city size distribution revisited: Theory and empirical evidence," MPRA Paper 64051, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ripsy Bandourian, 2000. "Income Distributions: A Comparison across Countries and Time," LIS Working papers 231, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Markus Schneider, 2013. "Illustrating the Implications of How Inequality is Measured: Decomposing Earnings Inequality by Race and Gender," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 476-514, December.
- Hajargasht, Gholamreza & Griffiths, William E., 2013. "Pareto–lognormal distributions: Inequality, poverty, and estimation from grouped income data," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 593-604.
- Samuel Dastrup & Rachel Hartshorn & James McDonald, 2007.
"The impact of taxes and transfer payments on the distribution of income: A parametric comparison,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 5(3), pages 353-369, December.
- James McDonald & Rachel Hartshorn & Samuel Dastrup, 2006. "The Impact of Taxes and Transfer Payments on the Distribution of Income: A Parametric Comparison," LIS Working papers 401, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Khosravi Tanak, A. & Mohtashami Borzadaran, G.R. & Ahmadi, J., 2015. "Entropy maximization under the constraints on the generalized Gini index and its application in modeling income distributions," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 438(C), pages 657-666.
- John Dagsvik & Zhiyang Jia & Bjørn Vatne & Weizhen Zhu, 2013. "Is the Pareto–Lévy law a good representation of income distributions?," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 719-737, April.
- repec:spr:empeco:v:53:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s00181-016-1147-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maxim Pinkovskiy & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2009. "Parametric Estimations of the World Distribution of Income," NBER Working Papers 15433, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dorothée Boccanfuso & Bernard Decaluwé & Luc Savard, 2008. "Poverty, income distribution and CGE micro-simulation modeling: Does the functional form of distribution matter?," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 6(2), pages 149-184, June.
- Andrew M. Jones & James Lomas & Nigel Rice, 2014.
"Applying Beta‐Type Size Distributions To Healthcare Cost Regressions,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(4), pages 649-670, June.
- Jones, A & Lomas, J & Rice, N, 2011. "Applying Beta-type Size Distributions to Healthcare Cost Regressions," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 11/31, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Markus P. A. Schneider, 2013. "Race & Gender Differences in the Experience of Earnings Inequality in the US from 1995 to 2010," Working Papers 1303, New School for Social Research, Department of Economics.
- Ramos, Arturo, 2015. "Log-growth distributions of US city sizes and non-Lévy processes," MPRA Paper 66561, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ripsy Bandourian & Robert Turley & James McDonald, 2002. "A Comparison of Parametric Models of Income Distribution across Countries and over Time," LIS Working papers 305, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Jones, A.M, 2010. "Models For Health Care," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 10/01, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Louis Chauvel, 2016. "The Intensity and Shape of Inequality: The ABG Method of Distributional Analysis," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 62(1), pages 52-68, March.
- Louis Chauvel, 2014. "The Intensity and Shape of Inequality: The ABG Method of Distributional Analysis," LIS Working papers 609, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:62:y:1999:i:2:p:197-200. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.