Integrated farm management for sustainable agriculture: Lessons for knowledge exchange and policy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rose, David C. & Sutherland, William J. & Parker, Caroline & Lobley, Matt & Winter, Michael & Morris, Carol & Twining, Susan & Ffoulkes, Charles & Amano, Tatsuya & Dicks, Lynn V., 2016. "Decision support tools for agriculture: Towards effective design and delivery," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 165-174.
- David Pimentel, 2006. "Soil Erosion: A Food and Environmental Threat," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 119-137, February.
- Michael R. Rahm & Wallace E. Huffman, 1984.
"The Adoption of Reduced Tillage: The Role of Human Capital and Other Variables,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 66(4), pages 405-413.
- Rahm, M. & Huffman, Wallace, 1984. "The Adoption of Reduced Tillage: The Role of Human Capital and Other Variables," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10977, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Knowler, Duncan & Bradshaw, Ben, 2007. "Farmers' adoption of conservation agriculture: A review and synthesis of recent research," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 25-48, February.
- Rose, David C. & Parker, Caroline & Fodery, Joe & Park, Caroline & Sutherland, William J. & Dicks, Lynn V., 2018. "Involving stakeholders in agricultural decision support systems: Improving user-centred design," International Journal of Agricultural Management, Institute of Agricultural Management, vol. 6(3-4), January.
- Julie Ingram, 2008. "Agronomist–farmer knowledge encounters: an analysis of knowledge exchange in the context of best management practices in England," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 25(3), pages 405-418, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Donkor, Emmanuel & Onakuse, Stephen & Bogue, Joe & De Los Rios-Carmenado, Ignacio, 2019. "Fertiliser adoption and sustainable rural livelihood improvement in Nigeria," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C).
- Leonidas Sotirios Kyrgiakos & George Vlontzos & Panos M. Pardalos, 2021. "Ranking EU Agricultural Sectors under the Prism of Alternative Widths on Window DEA," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 14(4), pages 1-26, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Oyakhilomen Oyinbo & Jordan Chamberlin & Miet Maertens, 2020.
"Design of Digital Agricultural Extension Tools: Perspectives from Extension Agents in Nigeria,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 71(3), pages 798-815, September.
- Oyakhilomen, Oyinbo & Chamberlin, Jordan & Maertens, Miet, 2019. "Design of Digital Agricultural Extension Tools: Perspectives from Extension Agents in Nigeria," Working Papers 291525, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
- Muhammad Danish Toor & Muhammad Adnan & Ali Raza & Rehan Ahmed & Anosha Arshad & Hassan Maqsood & Fakhar Abbas & Muhammad Mughees-ud-din & Muhammad Hanzla Shehzad & Muhammad Khubaib Zafar, 2020. "Land Degradation and its Management: A Review," International Journal of Environmental Sciences & Natural Resources, Juniper Publishers Inc., vol. 25(2), pages 63-66, July.
- Wade, Tara & Claassen, Roger, 2015. "Modeling No-Tillage Adoption by Corn and Soybean Producers: Insights into Sustained Adoption," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 204957, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Canales Medina, Elizabeth & Bergtold, Jason S. & Williams, Jeffery R., 2017. "Modeling the factors affecting farmers’ timing of adoption of in-field conservation cropping practices," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258558, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Naveen Adusumilli & Hua Wang, 2019. "Conservation Adoption Among Owners and Tenant Farmers in the Southern United States," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(3), pages 1-11, March.
- Elizabeth Canales & Jason S. Bergtold & Jeffery R. Williams, 2020. "Conservation practice complementarity and timing of on‐farm adoption," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 51(5), pages 777-792, September.
- Pranay Ranjan & Jonathan D Witter, 2020. "Promoting adoption of two-stage agricultural drainage ditches: A change agent perspective," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 15(3), pages 1-18, March.
- Prost, Lorène & Reau, Raymond & Paravano, Laurette & Cerf, Marianne & Jeuffroy, Marie-Hélène, 2018. "Designing agricultural systems from invention to implementation: the contribution of agronomy. Lessons from a case study," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 122-132.
- Wollni, Meike & Lee, David R. & Thies, Janice E., 2009. "Effects of Participation in Organic Markets and Farmer-based Organizations on the Adoption of Soil Conservation Practices among Small-scale Farmers in Honduras," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51669, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- McCord, Paul & Waldman, Kurt & Baldwin, Elizabeth & Dell'Angelo, Jampel & Evans, Tom, 2018. "Assessing multi-level drivers of adaptation to climate variability and water insecurity in smallholder irrigation systems," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 296-308.
- Meike Wollni & David R. Lee & Janice E. Thies, 2010. "Conservation agriculture, organic marketing, and collective action in the Honduran hillsides," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(3‐4), pages 373-384, May.
- Michels, Marius & Bonke, Vanessa & Mußhoff, Oliver, 2019. "Understanding the adoption of crop protection smartphone apps: An application of the Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology," DARE Discussion Papers 1905, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
- Stevens, Andrew W., 2018. "Review: The economics of soil health," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 1-9.
- Jara-Rojas, Roberto & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Díaz, José, 2012. "Adoption of water conservation practices: A socioeconomic analysis of small-scale farmers in Central Chile," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 54-62.
- Bartosz Bartkowski & Stephan Bartke, 2018. "Leverage Points for Governing Agricultural Soils: A Review of Empirical Studies of European Farmers’ Decision-Making," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(9), pages 1-27, September.
- Reeling, Carson J. & Weir, A.E. & Swinton, Scott M. & Hayes, R.C., 2012. "A comparative breakeven net return threshold to guide development of conservation technologies with application to perennial wheat," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124723, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Meredith Niles & Margaret Brown & Robyn Dynes, 2016. "Farmer’s intended and actual adoption of climate change mitigation and adaptation strategies," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 135(2), pages 277-295, March.
- Walder, Peter & Kantelhardt, Jochen, 2018. "The Environmental Behaviour of Farmers – Capturing the Diversity of Perspectives with a Q Methodological Approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 55-63.
- Mazvimavi, Kizito & Twomlow, Steve, 2009. "Socioeconomic and institutional factors influencing adoption of conservation farming by vulnerable households in Zimbabwe," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 101(1-2), pages 20-29, June.
- Silva Larson & Anne (Giger)-Dray & Tina Cornioley & Manithaythip Thephavanh & Phomma Thammavong & Sisavan Vorlasan & John G. Connell & Magnus Moglia & Peter Case & Kim S. Alexander & Pascal Perez, 2020. "A Game-Based Approach to Exploring Gender Differences in Smallholder Decisions to Change Farming Practices: White Rice Production in Laos," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(16), pages 1-22, August.
More about this item
KeywordsIntegrated farming; Integrated farm management; Integrated farming systems; Integrated pest management; Knowledge exchange; Sustainable agriculture;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:lauspo:v:81:y:2019:i:c:p:834-842. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joice Jiang). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/land-use-policy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.