Estimating Equilibrium Housing Demand for "Stayers"
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Amundsen, Eirik S., 1985. "Moving costs and the microeconomics of intra-urban mobility," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 573-583, November.
- Allen C. Goodman, 1990. "Modeling and Computing Transactions Costs for Purchasers of Housing Services," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 18(1), pages 1-21.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Goodman, Allen C., 1988. "An econometric model of housing price, permanent income, tenure choice, and housing demand," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 327-353, May.
- Chunrong Ai & Jonathan Feinstein & Daniel L. McFadden & Henry Pollakowski, 1990. "The Dynamics of Housing Demand by the Elderly: User Cost Effects," NBER Chapters,in: Issues in the Economics of Aging, pages 33-88 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edin, Per-Anders & Englund, Peter, 1991.
"Moving costs and housing demand : Are recent movers really in equilibrium?,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 299-320, April.
- Edin, P.A. & Englund, P., 1989. "Moving Cost And Housing Demand: Are Recent Movers Really In Equilibrium?," Papers 1989d, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Hu, Sheng Cheng, 1980. "Imperfect Capital Markets, Demand for Durables, and the Consumer Lifetime Allocation Process," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 577-594, April.
- Ermisch, John, 1996. "The Demand for Housing in Britain and Population Ageing: Microeconometric Evidence," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 63(251), pages 383-404, August.
- Goodman, Allen C. & Wassmer, Robert W., 1992. "Optimal mortgage design when transaction costs constrain mobility," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 17-36, March.
- Muth, Richard F., 1974. "Moving costs and housing expenditure," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 108-125, January.
- Henderson, J. Vernon & Ioannides, Yannis M., 1989. "Dynamic aspects of consumer decisions in housing markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 212-230, September.
- Goodman, Allen C. & Kawai, Masahiro, 1982. "Permanent income, hedonic prices, and demand for housing: New evidence," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 214-237, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ge He, 2013. "Equilibrium-Oriented Housing Supply: A Case Study of Chengdu City, China," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 60(4), pages 557-568, June.
- Haan, Michael, 2005. "Are Immigrants Buying to Get In?: The Role of Ethnic Clustering on the Homeownership Propensities of 12 Toronto Immigrant Groups, 1996-2001," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2005252e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Philip S. Morrison & William A.V. Clark, 2016. "Loss aversion and duration of residence," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 35(36), pages 1079-1100, October.
- Sanghyun Kim & Juhyung Kim & Jaejun Kim, 2016. "Structural Changes in the Korean Housing Market before and after Macroeconomic Fluctuations," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(5), pages 1-20, April.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:5:p:415:d:69022 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rodríguez Hernández, José E. & Barrios García, Javier A., 2007. "Estimación Microeconométrica de la Tenencia y Demanda de Vivienda en España según la Localización/Microeconometric Estimation of Tenune and Housing Demand in Spain Accoding to Location," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 25, pages 453-484, Abril.
- Jordan Rappaport, 2006. "Consumption amenities and city crowdedness," Research Working Paper RWP 06-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Bhat, Chandra R., 2015. "A comprehensive dwelling unit choice model accommodating psychological constructs within a search strategy for consideration set formation," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 161-188.
- Rodriguez, J. & Barrios, J., 2004. "Politica fiscal de vivienda en España y forma de tenencia de la vivienda habitual: una valoracion empirica a nivel provincial," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 4(2).
- David Albouy, 2008. "Are Big Cities Bad Places to Live? Estimating Quality of Life across Metropolitan Areas," NBER Working Papers 14472, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Molés Machí, Mª Cruz & Colom Andrés, Mª Consuelo, 2006. "A Model of Tenure and Dwelling Choice in Spain. A Comparison Between Urban and Rural Areas/Un modelo de elección del régimen de tenencia y tipo de vivienda en España. Una comparación entre el ámbito u," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 24, pages 631(20á)-63, Agosto.
- OzyIldIrIm, Suheyla & Onder, Zeynep & Yavas, Abdullah, 2005. "Mobility and optimal tenure choice," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 336-354, December.
- repec:bla:revurb:v:29:y:2017:i:2:p:103-113 is not listed on IDEAS
- M. Colom & M. Molés, 2013. "Housing and labor decisions of households," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 55-82, March.
- Yinger, John, 2015. "Hedonic markets and sorting equilibria: Bid-function envelopes for public services and neighborhood amenities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 9-25.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:51:y:2002:i:1:p:1-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.