Tenure Choice with Sample Selection: Differences among Alternative Samples
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gyourko, Joseph & Linneman, Peter, 1996. "Analysis of the Changing Influences on Traditional Households' Ownership Patterns," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 318-341, May.
- Van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M. & Van Praag, Bernard M. S., 1981. "The demand for deductibles in private health insurance : A probit model with sample selection," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 229-252, November.
- Green, Richard K. & White, Michelle J., 1997.
"Measuring the Benefits of Homeowning: Effects on Children,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 441-461, May.
- Richard K. Green & Michelle J. White, 1994. "Measuring the Benefits of Homeowning: Effects on Children," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 94-05, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Richard K. Green & Michelle J. White, 1994. "Measuring the Benefits of Homeowning: Effects on Children," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 93, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Goodman, Allen C., 1988. "An econometric model of housing price, permanent income, tenure choice, and housing demand," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 327-353, May.
- Coulson, N. Edward, 1999. "Why Are Hispanic- and Asian-American Homeownership Rates So Low?: Immigration and Other Factors," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 209-227, March.
- Edin, Per-Anders & Englund, Peter, 1991.
"Moving costs and housing demand : Are recent movers really in equilibrium?,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 299-320, April.
- Edin, P.A. & Englund, P., 1989. "Moving Cost And Housing Demand: Are Recent Movers Really In Equilibrium?," Papers 1989d, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Boehm, Thomas P & Herzog, Henry W, Jr & Schlottmann, Alan M, 1991. "Intra-urban Mobility, Migration, and Tenure Choice," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(1), pages 59-68, February.
- Boyes, William J. & Hoffman, Dennis L. & Low, Stuart A., 1989. "An econometric analysis of the bank credit scoring problem," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 3-14, January.
- Goodman, Allen C. & Kawai, Masahiro, 1982. "Permanent income, hedonic prices, and demand for housing: New evidence," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 214-237, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gary Painter & Lihong Yand & Zhou Yu, 2003. "Why are Chinese Homeownership Rates so high?," Working Paper 8620, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Maude Toussaint-Comeau & Sherrie L. W. Rhine, 2004. "Tenure Choice with Location Selection: The Case of Hispanic Neighborhoods in Chicago," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(1), pages 95-110, January.
- Gary Painter & Zhou Yu, 2012. "Caught in the Housing Bubble: Immigrants' Housing Outcomes in Traditional Gateways and Newly Emerging Destinations," Working Paper 8953, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Gary Painter & Christian L. Redfearn, 2001. "The Role of Interest Rates in Influencing Long-Run Homeownership Rates," Working Paper 8629, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Gary Painter & Zhou Yu, 2004. "Leaving Gateway Metropolitan Areas: Immigrants and the Housing Market," Working Paper 8597, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Mark van Zijll de Jong & Grant M. Scobie, 2006. "Housing: An Analysis of Ownership and Investment Based on the Household Savings Survey," Treasury Working Paper Series 06/07, New Zealand Treasury.
- Stuart A. Gabriel & Gary Painter, 2001. "Pathways to Homeownership: An Analysis of the Residential and Homeownership Choices of Black Households in Los Angeles," Working Paper 8633, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Vaalavuo, Maria & van Ham, Maarten & Kauppinen, Timo M., 2017. "Income Increase and Moving to a Better Neighbourhood: An Enquiry into Ethnic Differences in Finland," IZA Discussion Papers 11076, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stuart A. Gabriel & Gary Painter, 2003. "Intra-Metropolitan Mobility, Residential Location and Homeownership Choice Among Minority and White Households: Estimates of a Nested Multinomial Logit Model," Working Paper 8618, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Marion Kohler & Anthony Rossiter, 2005. "Property Owners in Australia: A Snapshot," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2005-03, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Gary Painter & Lihong Yang & Zhou Yu, 2001. "Heterogeneity in Asian American Homeownership: The Impact of Household Endowments and Immigrant Status," Working Paper 8630, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Zhou Yu, 2003. "Immigration and Sprawl: Race/Ethnicity, Immigrant Status, and Residential Mobility in Household Location Choice," Working Paper 8612, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Lee, Kwan Ok & Painter, Gary, 2013.
"What happens to household formation in a recession?,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 93-109.
- Gary D. Painter & Kwan Ok Lee, 2011. "What happens to household formation in a recession?," Working Paper 17, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Stuart A. Gabriel & Gary Painter, 2008. "Mobility, Residential Location and the American Dream: The Intrametropolitan Geography of Minority Homeownership," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 36(3), pages 499-531, September.
- Swarnankur Chatterjee & Velma Zahirovic-Herbert, 2011. "Homeownership and Housing Equity: An Examination of Native- Immigrant Differences in Housing Wealth," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 17(2), pages 211-223, May.
- Boehm, Thomas P. & Schlottmann, Alan M., 2014. "The dynamics of housing tenure choice: Lessons from Germany and the United States," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 1-19.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhouse:v:9:y:2000:i:3:p:197-213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622881 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.