Mobility and optimal tenure choice
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aaron, Henry, 1970. "Income Taxes and Housing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(5), pages 789-806, December.
- Schwab, Robert M, 1982. "Inflation Expectations and the Demand for Housing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 143-53, March.
- O'Sullivan Arthur & Sexton Terri A. & Sheffrin Steven M., 1995.
"Property Taxes, Mobility, and Home Ownership,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 107-129, January.
- Rosenthal, Stuart S., 1988.
"A residence time model of housing markets,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 87-109, June.
- Ioannides, Yannis M., 1987. "Residential mobility and housing tenure choice," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 265-287.
- Boehm, Thomas P & Herzog, Henry W, Jr & Schlottmann, Alan M, 1991. "Intra-urban Mobility, Migration, and Tenure Choice," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(1), pages 59-68, February.
- Kearl, J R, 1979. "Inflation, Mortgages, and Housing," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 1115-38, October.
- Poterba, James M, 1992.
"Taxation and Housing: Old Questions, New Answers,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 237-42, May.
- Harvey S. Rosen & Kenneth T. Rosen & Douglas Holtz-Eakin, 1983.
"Housing Tenure, Uncertainty, and Taxation,"
NBER Working Papers
1168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rosen, Harvey S & Rosen, Kenneth T, 1980. "Federal Taxes and Homeownership: Evidence from Time Series," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(1), pages 59-75, February.
- Artle, Roland & Varaiya, Pravin, 1978. "Life cycle consumption and homeownership," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 38-58, June.
- Rosen, Harvey S., 1979. "Housing decisions and the U.S. income tax : An econometric analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Henderson, J Vernon & Ioannides, Yannis M, 1983. "A Model of Housing Tenure Choice," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 98-113, March.
- Green, Richard K. & Vandell, Kerry D., 1999. "Giving households credit: How changes in the U.S. tax code could promote homeownership," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 419-444, July.
- Henderson, J. Vernon & Ioannides, Yannis M., 1989. "Dynamic aspects of consumer decisions in housing markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 212-230, September.
- Goodman, Allen C., 2002. "Estimating Equilibrium Housing Demand for "Stayers"," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Nakagami, Yasuhiro & Pereira, Alfredo M., 1991. "Housing appreciation, mortgage interest rates, and homeowner mobility," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 271-292, November.
- Muth, Richard F., 1974. "Moving costs and housing expenditure," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 108-125, January.
- Ranney, Susan I, 1981. "The Future Price of Houses, Mortgage Market Conditions, and the Returns to Homeownership," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 323-33, June.
- Peter J. Hammond, 1976. "Changing Tastes and Coherent Dynamic Choice," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(1), pages 159-173.
- Van der Vlist, Arno J & Rietveld, Piet & Nijkamp, Peter, 2002. "Residential Search and Mobility in a Housing Market Equilibrium Model," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 277-99, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhouse:v:14:y:2005:i:4:p:336-354. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.