Taxation and Housing: Old Questions, New Answers
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- James M. Poterba, 1984. "Tax Subsidies to Owner-Occupied Housing: An Asset-Market Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 99(4), pages 729-752.
- Follain, James R. & Ling, David C., 1991. "The Federal Tax Subsidy to Housing and the Reduced Value of the Mortgage Interest Deduction," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 44(2), pages 147-68, June.
- James R. Follain & Patric H. Hendershott & David C. Ling, 1987. "Understanding the Real Estate Provisions of Tax Reform: Motivation and Impact," NBER Working Papers 2289, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Follain, James R. & Ling, David C., 1991. "The Federal Tax Subsidy to Housing and the Reduced Value of the Mortgage Interest Deduction," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 44(2), pages 147-168, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hanson, Andrew, 2012. "Size of home, homeownership, and the mortgage interest deduction," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 195-210.
- Hal Martin, 2018. "The Impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on Local Home Values," Working Papers (Old Series) 1806, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Anderson, John E. & Roy, Atrayee Ghosh, 2001. "Eliminating Housing Tax Preferences: A Distributional Analysis," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 41-58, March.
- Todd Sinai & Joseph Gyourko, 2004. "The (Un)Changing Geographical Distrituion of Housing Tax Benefits: 1980-2000," NBER Chapters, in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 18, pages 175-208, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Haurin, Donald R. & Gill, H. Leroy, 2002. "The Impact of Transaction Costs and the Expected Length of Stay on Homeownership," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 563-584, May.
- Green, Richard K. & Vandell, Kerry D., 1999.
"Giving households credit: How changes in the U.S. tax code could promote homeownership,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 419-444, July.
- Richard K. Green & Kerry D. Vandell, 1996. "Giving Households Credit: How Changes in the Tax Code Could Promote Homeownership," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 96-10, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- James M. Poterba & Todd M. Sinai, 2008. "Income Tax Provisions Affecting Owner-Occupied Housing: Revenue Costs and Incentive Effects," NBER Working Papers 14253, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abdul Munasib & Donald Haurin, 2007. "Time to First Homeownership:Racial Differences, and the Impact of 1986 Tax Reform Act," Economics Working Paper Series 0701, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business, revised 2007.
- Serena Fatica & Doris Prammer, 2018.
"Housing and the Tax System: How Large Are the Distortions in the Euro Area?,"
Fiscal Studies, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 39(2), pages 299-342, June.
- Fatica, Serena & Prammer, Doris, 2017. "Housing and the tax system: how large are the distortions in the euro area?," Working Paper Series 2087, European Central Bank.
- Hendershott, Patric H. & LaFayette, William C. & Haurin, Donald R., 1997. "Debt Usage and Mortgage Choice: The FHA-Conventional Decision," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 202-217, March.
- Kelly Edmiston & Kenneth Spong, 2012. "Promoting Wealth Building through Homeownership," NFI Working Papers 2012-WP-04, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Green, Richard K., 1996.
"Should the stagnant homeownership rate be a source of concern?,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 337-368, June.
- Richard K. Green, 1995. "Should the Stagnant Homeownership Rate be a Source of Concern?," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 95-06, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Richard K. Green, 1995. "Should the Stagnant Homeownership Rate Be a Source of Concern?," Working Paper 9103, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Richard K. Green, 1995. "Should the Stagnant Homeownership Rate be a Source of Concern?," NBER Working Papers 5176, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hendershott, Patric H. & Pryce, Gwilym, 2006.
"The sensitivity of homeowner leverage to the deductibility of home mortgage interest,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 50-68, July.
- Patric H. Hendershott & Gwilym Pryce, 2005. "The Sensitivity of Homeowner Leverage to the Deductibility of Home Mortgage Interest," NBER Working Papers 11489, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patric H. Hendershott & William C. LaFayette, 1995. "Debt Usage and Mortgage Choice: Sensitivity to Default Insurance Costs," NBER Working Papers 5069, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Judith Yates, 2003. "‘The more things change?’ An overview of Australia’s recent home ownership policies," European Journal of Housing Policy, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 1-33.
- Rodriguez, J. & Barrios, J., 2004. "Politica fiscal de vivienda en España y forma de tenencia de la vivienda habitual: una valoracion empirica a nivel provincial," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 4(2).
- Dietz, Robert D. & Haurin, Donald R., 2003. "The social and private micro-level consequences of homeownership," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 401-450, November.
- Andrew, Mark & Haurin, Donald & Munasib, Abdul, 2006. "Explaining the route to owner-occupation: A transatlantic comparison," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 189-216, September.
- Joseph Gyourko & Richard Voith, 1998. "The tax treatment of housing: its effects on bounded and unbounded communities," Working Papers 98-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Jordan Rappaport, 2008. "The affordability of homeownership to middle-income Americans," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, vol. 93(Q IV), pages 65-95.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:3963. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.