Rental Housing Markets, the Incidence and Duration of Vacancy, and the Natural Vacancy Rate
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Stuart A. Gabriel & Frank E. Nothaft, 1999. "Rental Housing Markets, the Incidence and Duration of Vacancy, and the Natural Vacancy Rate," Working Paper 8668, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
References listed on IDEAS
- David M. Blank & Louis Winnick, 1953. "The Structure of the Housing Market," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 67(2), pages 181-208.
- Arnott, Richard, 1989.
"Housing Vacancies, Thin Markets, and Idiosyncratic Tastes,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 5-30, February.
- Richard Arnott, 1988. "Housing Vacancies, Thin Markets, and Idiosyncratic Tastes," Working Papers 722, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Stuart A. Gabriel & Frank E. Nothaft, 1988.
"Rental Housing Markets and the Natural Vacancy Rate,"
Real Estate Economics,
American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 16(4), pages 419-429.
- Stuart A. Gabriel & Frank E. Nothaft, 1987. "Rental housing markets and the natural vacancy rate," Working Paper Series / Economic Activity Section 74, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Eric Belsky & John L. Goodman, Jr., 1996. "Explaining the Vacancy Rate - Rent Paradox of the 1980s," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 11(3), pages 309-323.
- Rosen, Kenneth T & Smith, Lawrence B, 1983. "The Price-Adjustment Process for Rental Housing and the Natural Vacancy Rate," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 779-786, September.
- Smith, Lawrence B, 1974. "A Note on the Price Adjustment Mechanism for Rental Housing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 478-481, June.
- Linda Leighton & Jacob Mincer, 1982. "Labor Turnover and Youth Unemployment," NBER Chapters,in: The Youth Labor Market Problem: Its Nature, Causes, and Consequences, pages 235-276 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arthur A. Eubank & C. R. Sirmans, 1979. "The Price Adjustment Mechanism for Rental Housing in the United States," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 93(1), pages 163-168.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- How apartment rents and vacancies can rise (or fall) simultaneously
by Richard K. Green in Richard's Real Estate and Urban Economics Blog on 2012-04-10 21:46:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marcus Allen & Ronald Rutherford & Thomas Thomson, 2009. "Residential Asking Rents and Time on the Market," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 38(4), pages 351-365, May.
- Li-Min Hsueh & Hsi-Peng Tseng & Chang-Chiang Hsieh, 2007. "Relationship Between the Housing Vacancy Rate, Housing Price, and the Moving Rate at the Township Level in Taiwan, in 1990 and 2000," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 10(1), pages 119-150.
- Bischoff, Oliver, 2012.
"Explaining regional variation in equilibrium real estate prices and income,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1-15.
- Oliver Bischoff, 2010. "Explaining Regional Variation in Equilibrium Real Estate Prices and Income," Working Papers 036, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Deng, Yongheng & Gabriel, Stuart A & Nothaft, Frank E, 2003.
"Duration of Residence in the Rental Housing Market,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 26(2-3), pages 267-285, March-May.
- Yongheng Deng & Stuart A. Gabriel & Frank E. Nothaft., 2002. "Duration of Residence in the Rental Housing Market," Working Paper 8625, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Konstantin A Kholodilin & Andreas Mense & Claus Michelsen, 2017.
"The market value of energy efficiency in buildings and the mode of tenure,"
Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 54(14), pages 3218-3238, November.
- Konstantin A. Kholodilin & Claus Michelsen, 2014. "The Market Value of Energy Efficiency in Buildings and the Mode of Tenure," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1398, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Claus Michelsen & Konstantin Kholodilin & Andreas Mense, 2016. "The market value of energy efficiency in buildings and the mode of tenure," ERES eres2016_177, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Michelsen, Claus & Kholodilin, Konstantin, 2015. "The Market Value of Energy Efficiency in Buildings and the Mode of Tenure," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112881, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Miceli, Thomas J. & Sirmans, C.F., 2013. "Efficiency rents: A new theory of the natural vacancy rate for rental housing," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 20-24.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Zhongfei Chen & Luis A. Gil-Alana, 2012.
"Housing sales in urban Beijing,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(34), pages 4495-4504, December.
- Luis Alberiko Gil-Alana & Carlos Pestana Barros, 2011. "Housing Sales In Urban Beijing," Post-Print hal-00719480, HAL.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Zhongfei Chen & Luis A. Gil-Alana, 2011. "Housing Sales in Urban Beijing," Faculty Working Papers 10/11, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- repec:eee:jhouse:v:38:y:2017:i:c:p:14-24 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barker, David, 2003. "Length of residence discounts, turnover, and demand elasticity. Should long-term tenants pay less than new tenants?," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-11, March.
- Carl Chiarella & Peter Flaschel, 2003. "Towards Applied Disequilibrium Growth Theory: V Housing Investment Cycles, Private Debt Accumulation and Deflation," Working Paper Series 97, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Halket, Jonathan R & Pignatti, Matteo, 2012. "Housing tenure choices with private information," Economics Discussion Papers 8961, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Lerbs, Oliver & Teske, Markus, 2016. "The house price-vacancy curve," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-082, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Vanessa Gapriotti Nadalin, 2014. "Residential Vacancy in City Center: The Case of São Paulo," Discussion Papers 1987a, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Vanessa Gapriotti Nadalin, 2015. "Residential Vacancy In City Center: The Case Of São Paulo," Discussion Papers 0201, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Goodman, Allen C., 2013. "Is there an S in urban housing supply? or What on earth happened in Detroit?," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 179-191.
- Wayne Archer & David Ling & Brent C Smith, 2010. "Ownership Duration in the Residential Housing Market: The Influence of Structure, Tenure, Household and Neighborhood Factors," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 41-61, January.
- Mark Merante & Keren Mertens Horn, 2016. "Is Home Sharing Driving up Rents? Evidence from Airbnb in Boston," Working Papers 2016_03, University of Massachusetts Boston, Economics Department.
- Halket, Jonathan & Pignatti Morano di Custoza, Matteo, 2015. "Homeownership and the scarcity of rentals," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 107-123.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:49:y:2001:i:1:p:121-149. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.