Going digital? The impact of social media marketing on retail website traffic, orders and sales
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bart J. Bronnenberg & Jun B. Kim & Carl F. Mela, 2016. "Zooming In on Choice: How Do Consumers Search for Cameras Online?," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(5), pages 693-712, September.
- Grewal, Dhruv & Roggeveen, Anne L. & Nordfält, Jens, 2017. "The Future of Retailing," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 1-6.
- Tiago, Maria Teresa Pinheiro Melo Borges & Veríssimo, José Manuel Cristóvão, 2014. "Digital marketing and social media: Why bother?," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 57(6), pages 703-708.
- Nieto, Jannine & Hernández-Maestro, Rosa M. & Muñoz-Gallego, Pablo A., 2014. "Marketing decisions, customer reviews, and business performance: The use of the Toprural website by Spanish rural lodging establishments," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 115-123.
- Sunil Chopra, 2016. "How omni-channel can be the future of retailing," DECISION: Official Journal of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Springer;Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, vol. 43(2), pages 135-144, June.
- Kannan, P.K. & Li, Hongshuang “Alice”, 2017. "Digital marketing: A framework, review and research agenda," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 22-45.
- Dokyun Lee & Kartik Hosanagar & Harikesh S. Nair, 2018. "Advertising Content and Consumer Engagement on Social Media: Evidence from Facebook," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 64(11), pages 5105-5131, November.
- Kim, Angella J. & Ko, Eunju, 2012. "Do social media marketing activities enhance customer equity? An empirical study of luxury fashion brand," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1480-1486.
- Kaplan, Andreas M. & Haenlein, Michael, 2010. "Users of the world, unite! The challenges and opportunities of Social Media," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 59-68, January.
- Kietzmann, Jan H. & Hermkens, Kristopher & McCarthy, Ian P. & Silvestre, Bruno S., 2011. "Social media? Get serious! Understanding the functional building blocks of social media," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 241-251, May.
- Garrett P. Sonnier & Leigh McAlister & Oliver J. Rutz, 2011. "A Dynamic Model of the Effect of Online Communications on Firm Sales," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(4), pages 702-716, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liu, Chih-Hsing & Horng, Jeou-Shyan & Chou, Sheng-Fang & Yu, Tai-Yi & Lee, Ming-Tsung & Lapuz, Maria Carmen B., 2023. "Discovery sustainable servicescape on behavioural intention practices and nationality: The moderating role of parasocial interaction," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 71(C).
- Darko B. Vukovic & Lubov Spitsina & Ekaterina Gribanova & Vladislav Spitsin & Ivan Lyzin, 2023. "Predicting the Performance of Retail Market Firms: Regression and Machine Learning Methods," Mathematics, MDPI, vol. 11(8), pages 1-23, April.
- Tsai, Pei-Hsuan & Wang, Ying-Wei & Yeh, Hsin-Jang, 2021. "An evaluation model for the development of more humane correctional institutions: Evidence from Penghu Prison," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 89(C).
- Tsai, Pei-Hsuan & Tang, Jia-Wei & Chen, Chih-Jou, 2022. "Partnerships that go places: How to successfully market products from vendor partners at retail stores from the vendorsâ€™ perspective," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 64(C).
- Yoon, Jae Yeon & Lee, Chaehyeon & Choi, Jeonghye & Chang, Sue Ryung & Kim, Jikyung, 2022. "The effect of social media apps on shopping apps," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 23-32.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Agnieszka Izabela Baruk & Grzegorz Wesołowski, 2021. "The Effect of Using Social Media in the Modern Marketing Communication on the Shaping an External Employer’s Image," Energies, MDPI, vol. 14(14), pages 1-23, July.
- Liu, Zhenyuan & Geng, Ruoqi & Tse, Ying Kei (Mike) & Han, Shuihua, 2023. "Mapping the relationship between social media usage and organizational performance: A meta-analysis," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 187(C).
- Torres de Oliveira, Rui & Indulska, Marta & Steen, John & Verreynne, Martie-Louise, 2020. "Towards a framework for innovation in retailing through social media," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 54(C).
- Alice Mazzucchelli & Roberto Chierici & Angelo Di Gregorio & Claudio Chiacchierini, 2021. "Is Facebook an effective tool to access foreign markets? Evidence from international export performance of fashion firms," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 25(4), pages 1107-1144, December.
- Bastos, Wilson, 2020. "“Speaking of Purchases”: How Conversational Potential Determines Consumers' Willingness to Exert Effort for Experiential Versus Material Purchases," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 1-16.
- Ho, Mia Hsiao-Wen & Chung, Henry F.L., 2020. "Customer engagement, customer equity and repurchase intention in mobile apps," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 13-21.
- Ghezzi, Antonio & Gastaldi, Luca & Lettieri, Emanuele & Martini, Antonella & Corso, Mariano, 2016. "A role for startups in unleashing the disruptive power of social media," International Journal of Information Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1152-1159.
- Misirlis, Nikolaos & Vlachopoulou, Maro, 2018. "Social media metrics and analytics in marketing – S3M: A mapping literature review," International Journal of Information Management, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 270-276.
- Shakeel ul Rehman & Rafia Gulzar & Wajeeha Aslam, 2022. "Developing the Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) through Social Media (SM): The Modern Marketing Communication Approach," SAGE Open, , vol. 12(2), pages 21582440221, May.
- Kick, Markus, 2015. "Social Media Research: A Narrative Review," EconStor Preprints 182506, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Scuotto, Veronica & Del Giudice, Manlio & Peruta, Maria Rosaria della & Tarba, Shlomo, 2017. "The performance implications of leveraging internal innovation through social media networks: An empirical verification of the smart fashion industry," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 184-194.
- Kamboj, Shampy & Sarmah, Bijoylaxmi & Gupta, Shivam & Dwivedi, Yogesh, 2018. "Examining branding co-creation in brand communities on social media: Applying the paradigm of Stimulus-Organism-Response," International Journal of Information Management, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 169-185.
- Arora, Anuja & Bansal, Shivam & Kandpal, Chandrashekhar & Aswani, Reema & Dwivedi, Yogesh, 2019. "Measuring social media influencer index- insights from facebook, Twitter and Instagram," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 86-101.
- Reema Aswani & Arpan Kumar Kar & P. Vigneswara Ilavarasan, 2018. "Detection of Spammers in Twitter marketing: A Hybrid Approach Using Social Media Analytics and Bio Inspired Computing," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 515-530, June.
- Kafferine Yamagishi & Lanndon Ocampo & Dharyll Prince Abellana & Reciel Ann Tanaid & Ann Myril Tiu & Maria Esther Medalla & Egberto Selerio & Chrisalyn Go & Rey Cesar Olorvida & Amalia Maupo & Deariel, 2021. "The impact of social media marketing strategies on promoting sustainability of tourism with fuzzy cognitive mapping: a case of Kalanggaman Island (Philippines)," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 23(10), pages 14998-15030, October.
- Eva M. Sánchez-Teba & Mercedes Rodríguez-Fernández & Ana I. Gaspar-González, 2021. "Social Networks and Open Innovation: Business Academic Productivity," JOItmC, MDPI, vol. 7(2), pages 1-17, June.
- Smith, Andrew N. & Fischer, Eileen & Yongjian, Chen, 2012. "How Does Brand-related User-generated Content Differ across YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter?," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 102-113.
- Brittany Ryder & Tingting Zhang & Nan Hua, 2021. "The Social Media “Magic”: Virtually Engaging Visitors during COVID-19 Temporary Closures," Administrative Sciences, MDPI, vol. 11(2), pages 1-15, May.
- Monica Patrut, 2015. "Candidates In The Presidential Elections In Romania (2014): The Use Of Social Media In Political Marketing," Studies and Scientific Researches. Economics Edition, "Vasile Alecsandri" University of Bacau, Faculty of Economic Sciences, issue 21.
- Marcel Rosenberger & Christiane Lehrer & Reinhard Jung, 0. "Integrating data from user activities of social networks into public administrations," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-14.
More about this item
KeywordsRetail; Time series modelling; Digital marketing; Social media;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joreco:v:60:y:2021:i:c:s0969698921000679. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-retailing-and-consumer-services .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-retailing-and-consumer-services .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.