Intrinsic factors affecting impulsive buying behaviourâ€”Evidence from India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Patrick Legoherel & Bruno Daucé & Cathy Hsu & Ashok Ranchhold, 2009. "Culture, Time Orientation, and Exploratory Buying Behavior," Post-Print hal-01661183, HAL.
- Hoch, Stephen J & Loewenstein, George F, 1991. "Time-Inconsistent Preferences and Consumer Self-Control," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(4), pages 492-507, March.
- Lee, Julie Anne & Kacen, Jacqueline J., 2008. "Cultural influences on consumer satisfaction with impulse and planned purchase decisions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 265-272, March.
- Punj, Girish, 2011. "Impulse buying and variety seeking: Similarities and differences," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(7), pages 745-748, July.
- Sivadas, Eugene & Bruvold, Norman T. & Nelson, Michelle R., 2008. "A reduced version of the horizontal and vertical individualism and collectivism scale: A four-country assessment," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 201-210, March.
- Bradley L Kirkman & Kevin B Lowe & Cristina B Gibson, 2006. "A quarter century of Culture's Consequences: a review of empirical research incorporating Hofstede's cultural values framework," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 37(3), pages 285-320, May.
- Rook, Dennis W & Fisher, Robert J, 1995. "Normative Influences on Impulsive Buying Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 305-313, December.
- Beckmann, Daniela & Menkhoff, Lukas & Suto, Megumi, 2008.
"Does culture influence asset managers' views and behavior?,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(3-4), pages 624-643, September.
- Beckmann, Daniela & Menkhoff, Lukas & Suto, Megumi, 2007. "Does Culture Influence Asset Managers? Views and Behavior?," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-367, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Sharma, Piyush & Sivakumaran, Bharadhwaj & Marshall, Roger, 2010. "Impulse buying and variety seeking: A trait-correlates perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 276-283, March.
- Yinlong Zhang & L. J. Shrum, 2009. "The Influence of Self-Construal on Impulsive Consumption," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(5), pages 838-850, October.
- Donnelly, Grant & Iyer, Ravi & Howell, Ryan T., 2012. "The Big Five personality traits, material values, and financial well-being of self-described money managers," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1129-1142.
- Hourigan, Sally Rebecca & Bougoure, Ursula-Sigrid, 2012. "Towards a better understanding of fashion clothing involvement," Australasian marketing journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 127-135.
- Garðarsdóttir, Ragna B. & Dittmar, Helga, 2012. "The relationship of materialism to debt and financial well-being: The case of Iceland’s perceived prosperity," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 471-481.
- Rik Pieters, 2013. "Bidirectional Dynamics of Materialism and Loneliness: Not Just a Vicious Cycle," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(4), pages 615-631.
- Belk, Russell W, 1975. "Situational Variables and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(3), pages 157-164, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anant Jyoti Badgaiyan & Saumya Dixit & Anshul Verma, 2017. "If brands are people, then people are impulsive—assessing the connection between brand personality and impulsive buying behaviour," Journal of Brand Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 24(6), pages 622-638, November.
- Nabi, Nazia & Siahtiri, Vida & O'Cass, Aron, 2019. "In search of status: Unpacking the relationship of status with individualism-collectivism, counterconformity motivations and life satisfaction," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 378-386.
- Badgaiyan, Anant Jyoti & Verma, Anshul, 2015. "Does urge to buy impulsively differ from impulsive buying behaviour? Assessing the impact of situational factors," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 145-157.
- Dixit, Saumya & Jyoti Badgaiyan, Anant & Khare, Arpita, 2019. "An integrated model for predicting consumer's intention to write online reviews," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 112-120.
- Li, Meng & Patel, Pankaj C. & Wolfe, Marcus T., 2019. "A penny saved is a penny earned? Differences in male and female savings and consumption tradeoffs on online retail platforms," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 79-86.
- Mudassir Husnain & Bushra Rehman & Fauzia Syed & Muhammad Waheed Akhtar, 2019. "Personal and In-store Factors Influencing Impulse Buying Behavior among Generation Y Consumers of Small Cities," Business Perspectives and Research, , vol. 7(1), pages 92-107, January.
- Shakaib Farid, Dania & Ali, Mazhar, 2018.
"Effects of Personality on Impulsive Buying Behavior: Evidence from a Developing Country,"
EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 31-43.
- Farid, Dania Shakaib & Ali, Mazhar, 2018. "Effects of Personality on Impulsive Buying Behavior: Evidence from a Developing Country," MPRA Paper 87401, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shakeel Ahmad Sofi, 2020. "Personality as an Antecedent of Impulsive Buying Behaviour: Evidence from Young Indian Consumers," Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 21(3), pages 850-868, June.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer behavior; Impulsive buying; Personality; Culture; Materialism; Impulsive buying tendency;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joreco:v:21:y:2014:i:4:p:537-549. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-retailing-and-consumer-services .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.