An integrated analysis of nurse staffing and scheduling policies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brusco, MJ & Showalter, MJ, 1993. "Constrained nurse staffing analysis," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 175-186, March.
- D. Michael Warner & Juan Prawda, 1972. "A Mathematical Programming Model for Scheduling Nursing Personnel in a Hospital," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(4-Part-1), pages 411-422, December.
- Rosenbloom, E. S. & Goertzen, N. F., 1987. "Cyclic nurse scheduling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 19-23, July.
- Edward P. C. Kao & Maurice Queyranne, 1985. "Budgeting Costs of Nursing in a Hospital," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(5), pages 608-621, May.
- Siferd, Sue Perrott & Benton, W. C., 1992. "Workforce staffing and scheduling: Hospital nursing specific models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 233-246, August.
- Henderson, John C & Krajewski, Lee J & Showalter, Michael J, 1982. "An integrated approach for manpower planning in the service sector," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 61-73.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:proeco:v:191:y:2017:i:c:p:323-334 is not listed on IDEAS
- Volland, Jonas & Fügener, Andreas & Brunner, Jens O., 2017. "A column generation approach for the integrated shift and task scheduling problem of logistics assistants in hospitals," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 260(1), pages 316-334.
- Komarudin, & Guerry, Marie-Anne & De Feyter, Tim & Vanden Berghe, Greet, 2013. "The roster quality staffing problem – A methodology for improving the roster quality by modifying the personnel structure," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 230(3), pages 551-562.
- Defraeye, Mieke & Van Nieuwenhuyse, Inneke, 2016. "Staffing and scheduling under nonstationary demand for service: A literature review," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 4-25.
- Elina Rönnberg & Torbjörn Larsson, 2010. "Automating the self-scheduling process of nurses in Swedish healthcare: a pilot study," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 35-53, March.
- Lagodimos, A.G. & Mihiotis, A.N., 2006. "Overtime vs. regular shift planning decisions in packing shops," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 246-258, June.
- Lagodimos, A.G. & Mihiotis, A.N., 2010. "Efficient overtime planning in packing shops with lines of identical manning," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 124(2), pages 453-462, April.
- Maenhout, Broos & Vanhoucke, Mario, 2013. "An integrated nurse staffing and scheduling analysis for longer-term nursing staff allocation problems," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 485-499.
- Falasca, Mauro & Zobel, Christopher, 2012. "An optimization model for volunteer assignments in humanitarian organizations," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 250-260.
- Broos Maenhout & Mario Vanhoucke, 2013. "Analyzing the nursing organizational structure and process from a scheduling perspective," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 177-196, September.
More about this item
Keywordsaggregate planning scheduling health service policy analysis integer programming spreadsheet;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:24:y:1996:i:1:p:57-71. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .