Loss averse customers and price inflexibility
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1991. "Loss Aversion in Riskless Choice: A Reference-Dependent Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(4), pages 1039-1061.
- Bidwell, Miles O, Jr & Wang, Bruce X & Zona, J Douglas, 1995. "An Analysis of Asymmetric Demand Response to Price Changes: The Case of Local Telephone Calls," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 285-98, November.
- J. S. Shonkwiler & T. G. Taylor, 1988. "Food Processor Price Behavior: Firm-Level Evidence of Sticky Prices," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 70(2), pages 239-244.
- Dennis W. Carlton, 1987.
"The Theory and the Facts of How Markets Clear: Is Industrial Organization Valuable for Understanding Macroeconomics?,"
NBER Working Papers
2178, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carlton, Dennis W., 1989. "The theory and the facts of how markets clear: Is industrial organization valuable for understanding macroeconomics?," Handbook of Industrial Organization, in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 15, pages 909-946 Elsevier.
- Dennis W. Carlton, 1986. "The Theory and the Facts of How Markets Clear: Is Industrial Organization Valuable for Understanding Macroeconomics?," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 44, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1986. "Rational Choice and the Framing of Decisions," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages S251-78, October.
- Ian W. Marceau, 1967. "Quarterly Estimates Of The Demand And Price Structure For Meat In New South Wales," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 11(1), pages 49-62, 06.
- Dennis W. Carlton, 1986.
"The Rigidity of Prices,"
NBER Working Papers
1813, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sibly, H., 1996. "Cosumer Disenchantment, Loss Aversion and Price Rigidity," Papers 1996-12, Tasmania - Department of Economics.
- John C. Naughtin & John J. Quilkey, 1979. "Pricing Efficiency In The Retail Meat Market," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 23(1), pages 48-61, 04.
- Daniel Kahneman & Jack L. Knetsch & Richard H. Thaler, 1991. "Anomalies: The Endowment Effect, Loss Aversion, and Status Quo Bias," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 193-206, Winter.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Knetsch, Jack L & Thaler, Richard, 1986. "Fairness as a Constraint on Profit Seeking: Entitlements in the Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 728-41, September.
- Naughtin, John C. & Quilkey, John J., 1979. "Pricing Efficiency In The Retail Meat Market," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 23(01), April.
- Marceau, Ian W., 1967. "Quarterly Estimates Of The Demand And Price Structure For Meat In New South Wales," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 11(01), June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joepsy:v:23:y:2002:i:4:p:521-538. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.