Stopping rule use during information search in design problems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert J. Meyer, 1982. "A Descriptive Model of Consumer Information Search Behavior," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 1(1), pages 93-121.
- Smith, Gerald F. & Benson, P. George & Curley, Shawn P., 1991. "Belief, knowledge, and uncertainty: A cognitive perspective on subjective probability," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 291-321, April.
- Peter H. Farquhar & Anthony R. Pratkanis, 1993. "Decision Structuring with Phantom Alternatives," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(10), pages 1214-1226, October.
- Baron, Jonathan & Beattie, Jane & Hershey, John C., 1988. "Heuristics and biases in diagnostic reasoning : II. Congruence, information, and certainty," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 88-110, August.
- Kogut, Carl A., 1990. "Consumer search behavior and sunk costs," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 381-392, December.
- Connolly, Terry & Thorn, Brian K., 1987. "Predecisional information acquisition: Effects of task variables on suboptimal search strategies," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 397-416, June.
- Russell L. Ackoff, 1967. "Management Misinformation Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(4), pages 147-156, December.
- Saad, Gad & Russo, J. Edward, 1996. "Stopping Criteria in Sequential Choice," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 258-270, September.
- Rashi Glazer & Joel H. Steckel & Russell S. Winer, 1992. "Locally Rational Decision Making: The Distracting Effect of Information on Managerial Performance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(2), pages 212-226, February.
- Glenn J. Browne & Shawn P. Curley & P. George Benson, 1997. "Evoking Information in Probability Assessment: Knowledge Maps and Reasoning-Based Directed Questions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Seale, Darryl A. & Rapoport, Amnon, 1997. "Sequential Decision Making with Relative Ranks: An Experimental Investigation of the "Secretary Problem">," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 221-236, March.
- Carl S. Spetzler & Carl-Axel S. Staël Von Holstein, 1975. "Exceptional Paper--Probability Encoding in Decision Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(3), pages 340-358, November.
- Bockenholt, Ulf & Albert, Dietrich & Aschenbrenner, Michael & Schmalhofer, Franz, 1991. "The effects of attractiveness, dominance, and attribute differences on information acquisition in multiattribute binary choice," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 258-281, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lauri Wessel & Martin Gersch & Erik Harloff, 2017. "Talking Past Each Other," Business & Information Systems Engineering: The International Journal of WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK, Springer;Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (GI), vol. 59(1), pages 23-40, February.
- repec:eee:ijoais:v:21:y:2016:i:c:p:47-62 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bearden, J. Neil & Connolly, Terry, 2007. "Multi-attribute sequential search," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 147-158, May.
- Gould, Stephen J. & Kramer, Thomas, 2009. ""What's it Worth to Me?" Three interpretive studies of the relative roles of task-oriented and reflexive processes in separate versus joint value construction," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 840-858, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jobhdp:v:95:y:2004:i:2:p:208-224. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.