Matching choices to avoid offending stigmatized group members
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Norton, Michael I. & Dunn, Elizabeth W. & Carney, Dana R. & Ariely, Dan, 2012. "The persuasive “power” of stigma?," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 261-268.
- Belk, Russell W, 1988. " Possessions and the Extended Self," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(2), pages 139-168, September.
- Ariely, Dan & Levav, Jonathan, 2000. " Sequential Choice in Group Settings: Taking the Road Less Traveled and Less Enjoyed," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(3), pages 279-290, December.
- Stayman, Douglas M & Deshpande, Rohit, 1989. " Situational Ethnicity and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(3), pages 361-371, December.
- Tepper, Kelly, 1994. " The Role of Labeling Processes in Elderly Consumers' Responses to Age Segmentation Cues," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(4), pages 503-519, March.
- Jiwoong Shin & Dan Ariely, 2004. "Keeping Doors Open: The Effect of Unavailability on Incentives to Keep Options Viable," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(5), pages 575-586, May.
- McAlister, Leigh & Pessemier, Edgar, 1982. " Variety Seeking Behavior: An Interdisciplinary Review," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(3), pages 311-322, December.
- Polman, Evan, 2012. "Self–other decision making and loss aversion," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 119(2), pages 141-150.
More about this item
KeywordsStigma; Self-other decision making; Social influences;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jobhdp:v:122:y:2013:i:2:p:291-304. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.