Organizational supports and organizational deviance: The mediating role of organization-based self-esteem
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Aquino, Karl & Douglas, Scott, 2003. "Identity threat and antisocial behavior in organizations: The moderating effects of individual differences, aggressive modeling, and hierarchical status," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 195-208, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hsieh, Hui-Hsien & Wang, Yau-De, 2016. "Linking perceived ethical climate to organizational deviance: The cognitive, affective, and attitudinal mechanisms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 3600-3608.
- Carnevale, Joel B. & Huang, Lei & Harms, Peter D., 2018. "Leader consultation mitigates the harmful effects of leader narcissism: A belongingness perspective," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 76-84.
- ten Brummelhuis, Lieke L. & Johns, Gary & Lyons, Brent J. & ter Hoeven, Claartje L., 2016. "Why and when do employees imitate the absenteeism of co-workers?," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 16-30.
- Yen, Chang-Hua & Teng, Hsiu-Yu, 2013. "The effect of centralization on organizational citizenship behavior and deviant workplace behavior in the hospitality industry," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 401-410.
- Hideg, Ivona & Ferris, D. Lance, 2014. "Support for employment equity policies: A self-enhancement approach," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 49-64.
- Chen, Hao & Richard, Orlando C. & Dorian Boncoeur, O. & Ford, David L., 2020. "Work engagement, emotional exhaustion, and counterproductive work behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 30-41.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- van Dijke, Marius & Wildschut, Tim & Leunissen, Joost M. & Sedikides, Constantine, 2015. "Nostalgia buffers the negative impact of low procedural justice on cooperation," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 15-29.
- Eric M. Anicich & Nathanael J. Fast & Nir Halevy & Adam D. Galinsky, 2016. "When the Bases of Social Hierarchy Collide: Power Without Status Drives Interpersonal Conflict," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(1), pages 123-140, February.
- Hannah, Sean T. & Jennings, Peter L. & Bluhm, Dustin & Peng, Ann Chunyan & Schaubroeck, John M., 2014. "Duty orientation: Theoretical development and preliminary construct testing," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 123(2), pages 220-238.
- den Nieuwenboer, N.A. & Kaptein, S.P., 2007. "Spiraling Down into Corruption: A Dynamic Analysis of the Social Identity Processes that Cause Corruption in Organizations to Grow," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2007-086-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Thau, Stefan & Bennett, Rebecca J. & Mitchell, Marie S. & Marrs, Mary Beth, 2009. "How management style moderates the relationship between abusive supervision and workplace deviance: An uncertainty management theory perspective," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 79-92, January.
- Islam, Md Rafiqul & Liu, Shaowu & Biddle, Rhys & Razzak, Imran & Wang, Xianzhi & Tilocca, Peter & Xu, Guandong, 2021. "Discovering dynamic adverse behavior of policyholders in the life insurance industry," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 163(C).
- Silver, Ian A. & Nedelec, Joseph L., 2018. "The moderating effects of intelligence: An examination of how IQ influences the association between environmental factors and antisocial behavior," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 62-75.
- Adnan, Nadia & Nordin, Shahrina Md & Anwar, Abdullah, 2020. "Transition pathways for Malaysian paddy farmers to sustainable agricultural practices: An integrated exhibiting tactics to adopt Green fertilizer," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 90(C).
- Holmqvist, Jonas & Van Vaerenbergh, Yves & Lunardo, Renaud & Dahlén, Micael, 2019. "The Language Backfire Effect: How Frontline Employees Decrease Customer Satisfaction through Language Use," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 115-129.
- Sagarika Irangani & Zhiqiang Liu & Weedige Sampath Sanjeewa, 2019. "How a leaderâ€™s status distance stimulates employee job performance:The moderating effect of employee loyalty and task interdependence," International Journal of Research in Business and Social Science (2147-4478), Center for the Strategic Studies in Business and Finance, vol. 8(6), pages 116-128, October.
- Funches, Venessa & Markley, Melissa & Davis, Lenita, 2009. "Reprisal, retribution and requital: Investigating customer retaliation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 231-238, February.
- Crossley, Craig D., 2009. "Emotional and behavioral reactions to social undermining: A closer look at perceived offender motives," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 14-24, January.
- Ashleigh Shelby Rosette & Andrew M. Carton & Lynn Bowes-Sperry & Patricia Faison Hewlin, 2013. "Why Do Racial Slurs Remain Prevalent in the Workplace? Integrating Theory on Intergroup Behavior," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(5), pages 1402-1421, October.
- Sigalit Warshawski, 2016. "The state of collaborative work with nurses in Israel: a mixed method study," International Journal of Health Planning and Management, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(4), pages 396-413, October.
- White, Katherine & Stackhouse, Madelynn & Argo, Jennifer J., 2018. "When social identity threat leads to the selection of identity-reinforcing options: The role of public self-awareness," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 60-73.
More about this item
KeywordsOrganization-based self-esteem Organizational deviance Belongingness theory Organizational supports;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jobhdp:v:108:y:2009:i:2:p:279-286. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.