On unit roots for spatial autoregressive models
In this paper we consider the unit root problem for one rather simple autoregressive model Yt,s=aYt-1,s+bYt,s-1+[var epsilon]t,s on a two-dimensional lattice. We show that the growth of variance of Yt,s is essentially different from corresponding growth in the unit root case for AR(1) or AR(2) time series models. We also show that the dimension of the lattice plays an important role: the growth of variance of autoregressive field on a d-dimensional lattice is different for d=2,3 and d>=4.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 98 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leeb, Hannes & P tscher, Benedikt M., 2001. "The Variance Of An Integrated Process Need Not Diverge To Infinity, And Related Results On Partial Sums Of Stationary Processes," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(04), pages 671-685, August.
- Giacomini, Raffaella & Granger, Clive W. J., 2004.
"Aggregation of space-time processes,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 118(1-2), pages 7-26.
- Giacomini, Raffaella & Granger, Clive W.J., 2001. "Aggregationn of Space-Time Processes," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt77f76455, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Raffaella Giacomini & Clive W.J. Granger, 2002. "Aggregation of Space-Time Processes," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 582, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Julian Besag & Debashis Mondal, 2005. "First-order intrinsic autoregressions and the de Wijs process," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 92(4), pages 909-920, December.
- Hannes Leeb & Benedikt Poetscher, 1999. "The variance of an integrated process need not diverge to infinity," Econometrics 9907001, EconWPA.
- Bhattacharyya, B. B. & Ren, J. -J. & Richardson, G. D. & Zhang, J., 2003. "Spatial autoregression model: strong consistency," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 71-77, November. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:98:y:2007:i:1:p:209-226. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.