On unit roots for spatial autoregressive models
In this paper we consider the unit root problem for one rather simple autoregressive model Yt,s=aYt-1,s+bYt,s-1+[var epsilon]t,s on a two-dimensional lattice. We show that the growth of variance of Yt,s is essentially different from corresponding growth in the unit root case for AR(1) or AR(2) time series models. We also show that the dimension of the lattice plays an important role: the growth of variance of autoregressive field on a d-dimensional lattice is different for d=2,3 and d>=4.
Volume (Year): 98 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giacomini, Raffaella & Granger, Clive W. J., 2004.
"Aggregation of space-time processes,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 118(1-2), pages 7-26.
- Giacomini, Raffaella & Granger, Clive W.J., 2001. "Aggregationn of Space-Time Processes," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt77f76455, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Raffaella Giacomini & Clive W.J. Granger, 2002. "Aggregation of Space-Time Processes," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 582, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Julian Besag & Debashis Mondal, 2005. "First-order intrinsic autoregressions and the de Wijs process," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 92(4), pages 909-920, December.
- Leeb, Hannes & P tscher, Benedikt M., 2001. "The Variance Of An Integrated Process Need Not Diverge To Infinity, And Related Results On Partial Sums Of Stationary Processes," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(04), pages 671-685, August.
- Hannes Leeb & Benedikt Poetscher, 1999. "The variance of an integrated process need not diverge to infinity," Econometrics 9907001, EconWPA.
- Bhattacharyya, B. B. & Ren, J. -J. & Richardson, G. D. & Zhang, J., 2003. "Spatial autoregression model: strong consistency," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 71-77, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:98:y:2007:i:1:p:209-226. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.