Multivariate spatial regression models
This paper describes the inference procedures required to perform Bayesian inference to some multivariate econometric models. These models have a spatial component built into commonly used multivariate models. In particular, the common component models are addressed and extended to accommodate for spatial dependence. Inference procedures are based on a variety of simulation-based schemes designed to obtain samples from the posterior distribution of model parameters. They are also used to provide a basis to forecast new observations.
Volume (Year): 91 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pace, R. Kelley & Barry, Ronald & Gilley, Otis W. & Sirmans, C. F., 2000. "A method for spatial-temporal forecasting with an application to real estate prices," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 229-246.
- P. Damlen & J. Wakefield & S. Walker, 1999. "Gibbs sampling for Bayesian non-conjugate and hierarchical models by using auxiliary variables," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 61(2), pages 331-344.
- X. Lin & D. Zhang, 1999. "Inference in generalized additive mixed modelsby using smoothing splines," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 61(2), pages 381-400.
- Gamerman, Dani & Moreira, Ajax R. B. & Rue, Havard, 2003. "Space-varying regression models: specifications and simulation," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 513-533, March.
- Smith, M. & Kohn, R., 1998.
"Nonparametric Seemingly Unrelated Regression,"
Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers
7/98, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Mardia, K. V., 1988. "Multi-dimensional multivariate Gaussian Markov random fields with application to image processing," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 265-284, February.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "Multilateral Comparisons of Output, Input, and Productivity Using Superlative Index Numbers," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(365), pages 73-86, March.
- David J. Spiegelhalter & Nicola G. Best & Bradley P. Carlin & Angelika van der Linde, 2002. "Bayesian measures of model complexity and fit," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 64(4), pages 583-639.
- Ludwig Fahrmeir & Stefan Lang, 2001. "Bayesian inference for generalized additive mixed models based on Markov random field priors," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 50(2), pages 201-220.
- Ludwig Fahrmeir & Stefan Lang, 2001. "Bayesian Semiparametric Regression Analysis of Multicategorical Time-Space Data," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 53(1), pages 11-30, March.
- Julian Besag & Jeremy York & Annie Mollié, 1991. "Bayesian image restoration, with two applications in spatial statistics," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 43(1), pages 1-20, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:91:y:2004:i:2:p:262-281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.