Real money balances and production efficiency: a panel-data stochastic production frontier study
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moroney, John R, 1972. "The Current State of Money and Production Theory," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(2), pages 335-343, May.
- Saving, Thomas R, 1972. "Transactions Costs and the Demand for Money," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 4(2), pages 245-259, May.
- Ross Levine, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
- Barnett, William A., 1980. "Economic monetary aggregates an application of index number and aggregation theory," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 11-48, September.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Khan, Ashfaque H & Ahmad, Mushtaq, 1985. "Real Money Balances in the Production Function of a Developing Country," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(2), pages 336-340, May.
- Sinai, Allen & Stokes, Houston H, 1972. "Real Money Balances: An Omitted Variable from the Production Functions?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 54(3), pages 290-296, August.
- Battese, George E. & Coelli, Tim J., 1988. "Prediction of firm-level technical efficiencies with a generalized frontier production function and panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 387-399, July.
- Pitt, Mark M. & Lee, Lung-Fei, 1981. "The measurement and sources of technical inefficiency in the Indonesian weaving industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 43-64, August.
- Thomas Paul, M. & Bhattacharyay, Biswa N., 1986. "Can money matter in a developing economy?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 205-207, September.
- Nguyen, Hong V, 1986. "Money in the Aggregate Production Function: Reexamination and Further Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 18(2), pages 141-151, May.
- Hsing, Yu, 1990. "International evidence on the non-neutrality of money," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 467-474.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Abdur Chowdhury & Yingqui Liu, 1995. "Is money more productive in a developing economy?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(4), pages 118-121.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1974. "Money and the Production Function," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 12(4), pages 517-533, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmacro:v:24:y:2002:i:1:p:125-134. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.