Real money balances and production efficiency: a panel-data stochastic production frontier study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Moroney, John R, 1972. "The Current State of Money and Production Theory," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(2), pages 335-343, May.
- Sinai, Allen & Stokes, Houston H, 1972. "Real Money Balances: An Omitted Variable from the Production Functions?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 54(3), pages 290-296, August.
- Saving, Thomas R, 1972. "Transactions Costs and the Demand for Money," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 4(2), pages 245-259, May.
- Battese, George E. & Coelli, Tim J., 1988. "Prediction of firm-level technical efficiencies with a generalized frontier production function and panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 387-399, July.
- Pitt, Mark M. & Lee, Lung-Fei, 1981. "The measurement and sources of technical inefficiency in the Indonesian weaving industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 43-64, August.
- Ross Levine, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
- Thomas Paul, M. & Bhattacharyay, Biswa N., 1986. "Can money matter in a developing economy?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 205-207, September.
- Barnett, William A., 1980. "Economic monetary aggregates an application of index number and aggregation theory," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 11-48, September.
- Nguyen, Hong V, 1986. "Money in the Aggregate Production Function: Reexamination and Further Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 18(2), pages 141-151, May.
- Hsing, Yu, 1990. "International evidence on the non-neutrality of money," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 467-474.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Abdur Chowdhury & Yingqui Liu, 1995. "Is money more productive in a developing economy?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(4), pages 118-121.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1974. "Money and the Production Function," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 12(4), pages 517-533, December.
- Khan, Ashfaque H & Ahmad, Mushtaq, 1985. "Real Money Balances in the Production Function of a Developing Country," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(2), pages 336-340, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Erdem BaÅÃ§i & Syed F. Mahmud & Eray M. Yucel, 2007. "Money and Productive Efficiency: Evidence from a High-Inflation Country," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(1), pages 64-73, February.
- Giannis Karagiannis & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2004. "Real Money Balances and TFP Growth: Evidence from Developed and Developing Countries," Working Papers 0410, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Nicholas Apergis & Stephen M. Miller, 2007.
"Total Factor Productivity and Monetary Policy: Evidence from Conditional Volatility,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 131-152, July.
- Nicholas Apergis & Stephen M. Miller, 2007. "Total Factor Productivity and Monetary Policy: Evidence from Conditional Volatility," Working papers 2007-06, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Weill, Laurent, 2006. "On the consistency of aggregate production frontiers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 172(1), pages 326-333, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmacro:v:24:y:2002:i:1:p:125-134. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622617 .