Measuring the Costs and Benefits of Urban Land Use Regulation: A Simple Model with an Application to Malaysia
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Green, Richard K. & Malpezzi, Stephen & Vandell, Kerry, 1994.
"Urban Regulations and the Price of Land and Housing in Korea,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 330-356, December.
- Richard Green & Stephen Malpezzi & Kerry Vandell, 1993. "Urban Regulations and the Price of Land and Housing in Korea," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 93-01, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- J.M. Pogodzinski & Tim R. Sass, 1991. "Measuring the Effects of Municipal Zoning Regulations: A Survey," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 28(4), pages 597-621, August.
- David E. Dowall, 1992. "Benefits of Minimal Land-Use Regulations in Developing Countries," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 12(2), pages 413-423, Fall.
- Richard K. Green, 1997.
"Land Use Regulation and the Price of Housing in a Suburban Wisconsin County,"
Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers
97-04, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Green, Richard K., 1999. "Land Use Regulation and the Price of Housing in a Suburban Wisconsin County," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 144-159, June.
- P M Ward & G A Jones, 1997. "â€œHell Hath no Fury like an Academic Scornedâ€ : A Reply to Pugh (with Apologies to Congreve and to Women)," Environment and Planning A, SAGE Publishing, vol. 29(1), pages 169-178, January.
- David E. Dowall, 1989. "Bangkok : A Profile of an Efficiently Performing Housing Market," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 26(3), pages 327-339, June.
- Bertaud, Alain & Renaud, Bertrand, 1997. "Socialist Cities without Land Markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 137-151, January.
- Willig, Robert D, 1976. "Consumer's Surplus without Apology," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 589-97, September.
- Kim, Kyung-Hwan, 1993. "Housing Prices, Affordability, and Government Policy in Korea," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 55-71, January.
- Paul Cheshire & Stephen Sheppard, 1989. "British Planning Policy and Access to Housing: Some Empirical Estimates," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 26(5), pages 469-485, October.
- Stephen Malpezzi, 1993. "Can New York and Los Angeles Learn from Kumasi and Bangalore? A Comparison of Costs and Benefits of Rent Control," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 93-04, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Mayo, Stephen & Sheppard, Stephen, 1996. "Housing Supply under Rapid Economic Growth and Varying Regulatory Stringency: An International Comparison," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 274-289, September.
- Sarah Monk & Christine M. E. Whitehead, 1999. "Evaluating the Economic Impact of Planning Controls in the United Kingdom: Some Implications for Housing," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(1), pages 74-93.
- Sullivan, Arthur M., 1986. "A general equilibrium model with agglomerative economies and decentralized employment," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 55-74, July.
- W. Paul Strassmann, 1991. "Housing Market Interventions and Mobility: An International Comparison," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 28(5), pages 759-771, October.
- Whittington, Dale & Lauria, Donald T. & Choe, Kyeongae & Hughes, Jeffrey A. & Swarna, Venkateswarlu & Wright, Albert M., 1993. "Household sanitation in Kumasi, Ghana: A description of current practices, attitudes, and perceptions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 733-748, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhouse:v:10:y:2001:i:3:p:393-418. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.