Scale and scope efficiencies through hospital consolidations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Keeler, Theodore E & Ying, John S, 1996.
"Hospital Costs and Excess Bed Capacity: A Statistical Analysis,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 78(3), pages 470-481, August.
- Keeler, Theodore E. & Ying, John S., 1993. "Hospital Costs and Excess Bed Capacity: A Statistical Analysis," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt7cb0d9zc, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Grosskopf, Shawna & Hayes, Kathy & Yaisawarng, Suthathip, 1992. "Measuring Economies of Diversification: A Frontier Approach," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(4), pages 453-459, October.
- Pulley, Lawrence B & Braunstein, Yale M, 1992. "A Composite Cost Function for Multiproduct Firms with an Application to Economies of Scope in Banking," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(2), pages 221-230, May.
- Dranove, David, 1998. "Economies of scale in non-revenue producing cost centers: Implications for hospital mergers," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 69-83, January.
- Manning, Willard G., 1998. "The logged dependent variable, heteroscedasticity, and the retransformation problem," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 283-295, June.
- Roller, Lars-Hendrik, 1990. "Proper Quadratic Cost Functions with an Application to the Bell System," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 202-210, May.
- Grannemann, Thomas W. & Brown, Randall S. & Pauly, Mark V., 1986. "Estimating hospital costs : A multiple-output analysis," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 107-127, June.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Given, Ruth S., 1996. "Economies of scale and scope as an explanation of merger and output diversification activities in the health maintenance organization industry," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 685-713, December.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hanweck, Gerald A. & Humphrey, David B., 1987.
"Competitive viability in banking : Scale, scope, and product mix economies,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 501-520, December.
- Allen N. Berger & Gerald A. Hanweck & David B. Humphrey, 1986. "Competitive viability in banking: scale, scope, and product mix economies," Research Papers in Banking and Financial Economics 82, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rogowski, Jeannette A. & Newhouse, Joseph P., 1992. "Estimating the indirect costs of teaching," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 153-171, August.
- Denny, Michael & Pinto, Cheryl, 1978. "An Aggregate Model with Multi-Product Technologies," Histoy of Economic Thought Chapters,in: Fuss, Melvyn & McFadden, Daniel (ed.), Production Economics: A Dual Approach to Theory and Applications, volume 2, chapter 9 McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought.
- A. W. Coats, 1996. "Conclusion," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 28(5), pages 395-400, Supplemen.
- Braeutigam, Ronald R. & Daughety, Andrew F., 1983. "On the estimation of returns to scale using variable cost functions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 25-31.
- Vita, Michael G., 1990. "Exploring hospital production relationships with flexible functional forms," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1-21, June.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "Using Least Squares to Approximate Unknown Regression Functions," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(1), pages 149-170, February.
- Breyer, Friedrich, 1987. "The specification of a hospital cost function : A comment on the recent literature," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 147-157, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:25:y:2006:i:6:p:1049-1068. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.