Persistence in Medicare reimbursements and personal medical accounts
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-1054, July.
- Matthew Eichner & Mark B. McClellan & David A. Wise, 1998.
"Insurance or Self-Insurance? Variation, Persistence, and Individual Health Accounts,"
NBER Chapters,in: Inquiries in the Economics of Aging, pages 19-49
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matthew J. Eichner & Mark B. McClellan & David A. Wise, 1996. "Insurance or Self-Insurance?: Variation, Persistence, and Individual Health Accounts," NBER Working Papers 5640, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Powell, James L, 1986. "Symmetrically Trimmed Least Squares Estimation for Tobit Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(6), pages 1435-1460, November.
- Bo Honore & Ekaterini Kyriazidou & J. L. Powell, 2000. "Estimation of tobit-type models with individual specific effects," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 341-366.
- Manning, Willard G, et al, 1987. "Health Insurance and the Demand for Medical Care: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 251-277, June.
- Paul V. Grootendorst, 1997. "Health care policy evaluation using longitudinal insurance claims data: An application of the Panel Tobit estimator," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(4), pages 365-382.
- Honore, Bo E., 1993. "Orthogonality conditions for Tobit models with fixed effects and lagged dependent variables," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1-2), pages 35-61, September.
- Feenberg, Daniel & Skinner, Jonathan, 1994.
"The Risk and Duration of Catastrophic Health Care Expenditures,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 76(4), pages 633-647, November.
- Daniel Feenberg & Jonathan Skinner, 1992. "The Risk and Duration of Catastrophic Health Care Expenditures," NBER Working Papers 4147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew M. Jones, 2012. "health econometrics," The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Garber Alan M. & MaCurdy Thomas E. & McClellan Mark B., 1998. "Persistence of Medicare Expenditures among Elderly Beneficiaries," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Coulson, N. Edward & Stuart, Bruce, 1992. "Persistence in the use of pharmaceuticals by the elderly : Evidence from annual claims," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 315-328, October.
- Alan M. Garber & Thomas E. MaCurdy & Mark C. McClellan, 1998. "Medical Care at the End of Life: Diseases, Treatment Patterns, and Costs," NBER Working Papers 6748, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan M. Garber & Thomas E. MaCurdy & Mark B. McClellan, 1998. "Persistence of Medicare Expenditures among Elderly Beneficiaries," NBER Chapters,in: Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 1, pages 153-180 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cochrane, John H, 1995. "Time-Consistent Health Insurance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(3), pages 445-473, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Taiyo Fukai & Hidehiko Ichimura & Kyogo Kanazawa, 2018. "Quantifying Health Shocks Over the Life Cycle," Papers 1801.08746, arXiv.org.
- Zijun Wang, 2009. "The convergence of health care expenditure in the US states," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 55-70.
- Dandan Liu & Rui Li & Zijun Wang, 2011. "Testing for structural breaks in panel varying coefficient models: with an application to OECD health expenditure," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 95-118, February.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:133:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1357-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicholas Apergis & Tsangyao Chang & Christina Christou & Rangan Gupta, 2017.
"Convergence of Health Care Expenditures Across the US States: A Reconsideration,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 133(1), pages 303-316, August.
- Nicholas Apergis & Tsangyao Chang & Christina Christou & Rangan Gupta, 2015. "Convergence of Health Care Expenditures across the US States: A Reconsideration," Working Papers 201542, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Wang, Zijun, 2009. "Stock returns and the short-run predictability of health expenditure: Some empirical evidence," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 587-601, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:25:y:2006:i:1:p:39-57. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.