Incentive-compatible guaranteed renewable health insurance premiums
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Matthew Eichner & Mark B. McClellan & David A. Wise, 1998.
"Insurance or Self-Insurance? Variation, Persistence, and Individual Health Accounts,"
NBER Chapters,in: Inquiries in the Economics of Aging, pages 19-49
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matthew J. Eichner & Mark B. McClellan & David A. Wise, 1996. "Insurance or Self-Insurance?: Variation, Persistence, and Individual Health Accounts," NBER Working Papers 5640, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ted O'Donoghue & Matthew Rabin, 1999. "Incentives for Procrastinators," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(3), pages 769-816.
- Frick, Kevin D, 1998. "Consumer Capital Market Constraints and Guaranteed Renewable Insurance," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 271-278, July-Aug..
- Cochrane, John H, 1995. "Time-Consistent Health Insurance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(3), pages 445-473, June.
- Pauly, Mark V & Kunreuther, Howard & Hirth, Richard, 1995. "Guaranteed Renewability in Insurance," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 143-156, March.
- Altman, Daniel & Cutler, David M & Zeckhauser, Richard J, 1998. "Adverse Selection and Adverse Retention," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 122-126, May.
- Manning, Willard G. & Mullahy, John, 2001.
"Estimating log models: to transform or not to transform?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 461-494, July.
- Willard G. Manning & John Mullahy, 1999. "Estimating Log Models: To Transform or Not to Transform?," NBER Technical Working Papers 0246, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Volker Meier & Martin Werding, 2007. "Übertragbarkeit risikoabhängiger Alterungsrückstellungen in der Privaten Krankenversicherung," ifo Forschungsberichte, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 38, October.
- Susanna Kochskämper, 2012. "Reformdebatten in der Krankenversicherung vor dem Hintergrund des europäischen Binnenmarktes," Otto-Wolff-Institut Discussion Paper Series 02/2012, Otto-Wolff-Institut für Wirtschaftsordnung, Köln, Deutschland.
- Shang-Yin Yang & Chou-Wen Wang & Hong-Chih Huang, 2016. "The Valuation of Lifetime Health Insurance Policies with Limited Coverage," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 83(3), pages 777-800, September.
- Martin Werding & Stuart R. McLennan, 2015.
"International Portability of Health-Cost Cover: Mobility, Insurance, and Redistribution,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 61(2), pages 484-519.
- Martin Werding & Stuart McLennan, 2012. "International Portability of Health-Cost Cover: Mobility, Insurance, and Redistribution," CESifo Working Paper Series 3952, CESifo Group Munich.
- Pashchenko, Svetlana & Porapakkarm, Ponpoje, 2015.
"Welfare costs of reclassification risk in the health insurance market,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 21-44.
- Pashchenko, Svetlana & Porapakkarm, Ponpoje, 2011. "Welfare costs of reclassification risk in the health insurance market," Working Paper Series, Center for Fiscal Studies 2011:13, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Pashchenko, Svetlana & Porapakkarm, Ponpoje, 2011. "Welfare costs of reclassification risk in the health insurance market," MPRA Paper 34189, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Frech, Ted E & Smith, Michael P, 2015. "Anatomy of a Slow-Motion Health Insurance Death Spiral," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt0w64d54d, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- repec:eee:jhecon:v:58:y:2018:i:c:p:144-150 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bradley Herring & Mark V. Pauly, 2006. "The Effect of State Community Rating Regulations on Premiums and Coverage in the Individual Health Insurance Market," NBER Working Papers 12504, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:hepoli:v:121:y:2017:i:10:p:1085-1092 is not listed on IDEAS
- Annette Hofmann & Mark Browne, 2013. "One-sided commitment in dynamic insurance contracts: Evidence from private health insurance in Germany," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 81-112, February.
- Ponpoje Porapakkarm & Svetlana Pashchenko, 2011. "Front-loaded contracts in health insurance market: How valuable is guaranteed renewability?," 2011 Meeting Papers 1268, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Juan Pablo Atal & Hanming Fang & Martin Karlsson & Nicolas R. Ziebarth, 2017.
"Exit, Voice or Loyalty? An Investigation into Mandated Portability of Front-Loaded Private Health Plans,"
NBER Working Papers
23468, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Atal, Juan Pablo & Fang, Hanming & Karlsson, Martin & Ziebarth, Nicolas R., 2017. "Exit, Voice or Loyalty? An Investigation into Mandated Portability of Front-Loaded Private Health Plans," IZA Discussion Papers 10871, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:25:y:2006:i:3:p:395-417. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.