Smoking, health knowledge, and anti-smoking campaigns: An empirical study in Taiwan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schneider, Lynne & Klein, Benjamin & Murphy, Kevin M, 1981.
"Governmental Regulation of Cigarette Health Information,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(3), pages 575-612, December.
- Benjamin Klein & Kevin M. Murphy & Lynne Schneider, 1981. "Governmental REgualtion of Cigarette Health Information," UCLA Economics Working Papers 200, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Liu, Jin-Tan & Smith, V Kerry, 1990. "Risk Communication and Attitude Change: Taiwan's National Debate over Nuclear Power," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 331-349, December.
- Leu, Robert E., 1984. "Anti-smoking publicity, taxation, and the demand for cigarettes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 101-116, August.
- Kenkel, Donald S, 1991. "Health Behavior, Health Knowledge, and Schooling," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(2), pages 287-305, April.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Sung, Hai-Yen & Hu, Teh-Wei & Keeler, Theodore E., 1992. "A Dynamic Simultaneous-Equations Model for Cigarette Consumption in the Western States," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt675401d4, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Lewit, Eugene M. & Coate, Douglas, 1982.
"The potential for using excise taxes to reduce smoking,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 121-145, August.
- Eugene M. Lewit & Douglas Coate, 1981. "The Potential for Using Excise Taxes to Reduce Smoking," NBER Working Papers 0764, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Grossman, 1972. "The Demand for Health: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gros72-1, August.
- Lewit, Eugene M & Coate, Douglas & Grossman, Michael, 1981.
"The Effects of Government Regulation on Teenage Smoking,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(3), pages 545-569, December.
- Eugene M. Lewit & Douglas Coate & Michael Grossman, 1981. "The Effects of Government Regulation on Teenage Smoking," NBER Working Papers 0655, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Viscusi, W Kip, 1990. "Do Smokers Underestimate Risks?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(6), pages 1253-1269, December.
- Viscusi, W Kip & O'Connor, Charles J, 1984. "Adaptive Responses to Chemical Labeling: Are Workers Bayesian Decision Makers?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 942-956, December.
- Donald S. Kenkel, 1991. "What you don't know really won't hurt you," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(2), pages 304-309.
- V. Kerry Smith & William H. Desvousges, 1988. "Risk Perception, Learning, and Individual Behavior," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 70(5), pages 1113-1117.
- Viscusi, W Kip, 1991. "Age Variations in Risk Perceptions and Smoking Decisions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(4), pages 577-588, November.
- Keeler, Theodore E. & Hu, Teh-Wei & Barnett, Paul G. & Manning, Williard G., 1993. "Taxation, regulation, and addiction: A demand function for cigarettes based on time-series evidence," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-18, April.
- Wasserman, Jeffrey & Manning, Willard G. & Newhouse, Joseph P. & Winkler, John D., 1991. "The effects of excise taxes and regulations on cigarette smoking," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 43-64, May.
- Smith, V. Kerry & Desvousges, William H., 1988. "Risk Perception, Learning, And Individual Behavior," 1988 Annual Meeting, August 1-3, Knoxville, Tennessee 270302, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Hu, Teh-wei & Bai, Jushan & Barnett, Paul G., 1992. "the Impact of 1989 California Major Anti-Smoking Legislation Cigarette Consumption: Three Years Later," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt280289bg, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Schultz, T Paul, 1983. "Estimating a Household Production Function: Heterogeneity, the Demand for Health Inputs, and Their Effects on Birth Weight," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(5), pages 723-746, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Isao Yorozu & Yimin Zhou, 2002. "The Demand For Cigarettes In Japan: Impact Of Information Dissemination On Cigarette Consumption," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 20(1), pages 72-82, January.
- Rodolfo Nayga, 1999. "A Note on Schooling and Smoking: the issue revisited," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(3), pages 253-258.
- Kan, Kamhon & Tsai, Wei-Der, 2004. "Obesity and risk knowledge," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 907-934, September.
- Peretti-Watel, Patrick, 2006. "Cognitive dissonance and risk denial: The case of cannabis use in adolescents," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 1032-1049, December.
- Jie-Min Lee & Sheng-Hung Chen & Hsiang-Hsi Liu & Jung-Yao Hung & Mei-Yun Huang, 2010. "Effects Of Health Risk Information On Addictive Goods Consumption: A Case Of Tobacco, Alcohol, And Betel Nuts In Taiwan," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(3), pages 406-413, July.
- Owoeye, Olumide Bamidele & Olaniyan, Olanrewaju, 2015. "Economic Cost of Tobacco-Related Diseases in Nigeria: a Study of three Hospitals in Ibadan, Southwest Nigeria," MPRA Paper 88054, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Christophe Courbage, 2006. "Smoking Behavior and Rank-Dependent Expected-Uitility," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 142(II), pages 223-230, June.
- Hong Liu & Wei Tan, 2009. "The Effect of Anti-Smoking Media Campaign on Smoking Behavior: The California Experience," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 10(1), pages 29-47, May.
- David L. Dickinson & Scott R. Collier, 2012. "The Effects of Moderate Exercise on Bayesian Choices," Working Papers 12-06, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Singh, Prakarsh, 2011. "Spillovers in learning and behavior: Evidence from a nutritional information campaign in urban slums," MPRA Paper 33362, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hsieh, Chee-Ruey & Lo, Te-Fen, 2017. "Are smokers too optimistic about their health status: Ex ante perception versus ex post observation," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 169-183.
- Dorsett, Richard, 1999. "An econometric analysis of smoking prevalence among lone mothers," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 429-441, August.
- Lin, Wanchuan & Sloan, Frank, 2015. "Risk perceptions and smoking decisions of adult Chinese men," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 60-73.
- Chee-Ruey Hsieh & Teh-Wei Hu & Chien-Fu Jeff Lin, 1999. "The Demand For Cigarettes In Taiwan: Domestic Versus Imported Cigarettes," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 17(2), pages 223-234, April.
- repec:kap:jrisku:v:55:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11166-017-9265-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Kathryn H. Anderson & James E. Foster & David E. Frisvold, 2010.
"Investing In Health: The Long-Term Impact Of Head Start On Smoking,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(3), pages 587-602, July.
- James E. Foster & Kathryn H. Anderson & David E. Frisvold, 2008. "Investing in Health: The Long-Term Impact of Head Start on Smoking," Working Papers 2010-25, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Jin-Tan Liu & James K Hammitt, 1999. "Perceived risk and value of workplace safety in a developing country," Journal of Risk Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(3), pages 263-275, July.
- David Crainich & Louis Eeckhoudt, 2017.
"Average willingness to pay for disease prevention with personalized health information,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 55(1), pages 29-39, August.
- David Crainich & Louis Eeckhoudt, 2016. "Average willingness to pay for disease prevention with personalized health information," Working Papers 2016-EQM-02, IESEG School of Management.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:15:y:1996:i:1:p:87-104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.