The Effects of Government Regulation on Teenage Smoking
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lewit, Eugene M & Coate, Douglas & Grossman, Michael, 1981. "The Effects of Government Regulation on Teenage Smoking," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(3), pages 545-569, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Victor R. Fuchs & Robert T. Michael & Sharon R. Scott, 1979. "A State Price Index," NBER Working Papers 0320, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hamilton, James L, 1972. "The Demand for Cigarettes: Advertising, the Health Scare, and the Cigarette Advertising Ban," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 54(4), pages 401-411, November.
- Warner, K.E., 1977. "The effects of the anti smoking campaign on cigarette consumption," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 67(7), pages 645-650.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Miles M. Finney, 2014. "Information And The Demand For Clean Air," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(4), pages 719-728, October.
- Fenn, Aju J. & Antonovitz, Frances, 1998.
"The Impact Of Addiction Information On Cigarette Consumption,"
1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT
20857, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Fenn, Aju Jacob, 1998. "The impact of addiction information on cigarette consumption," ISU General Staff Papers 1998010108000012606, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Fenn, Aju J. & Antonovitz, Frances, 1999. "The Impact of Addiction Information On Cigarette Consumption," ISU General Staff Papers 199904010800001317, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Blaine, Thomas W. & Reed, Michael R., 1994.
"U.S. Cigarette Smoking and Health Warnings: New Evidence From Post World War II Data,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(2), pages 535-544, December.
- Blaine, Thomas W. & Reed, Michael R., 1994. "U.S. Cigarette Smoking And Health Warnings: New Evidence From Post World War Ii Data," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(2), pages 1-10, December.
- Werfel, Seth H. & Jaffe, Adam B., 2013. "Induced innovation and technology trajectory: Evidence from smoking cessation products," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 15-22.
- Yan Lu & Debanjan Mitra & David Musto & Sugata Ray, 2020. "Can Brands Circumvent Marketing Regulations? Exploiting Umbrella Branding in Financial Markets," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(1), pages 71-91, January.
- Carol Horton Tremblay & Victor J. Tremblay, 1995. "The Impact Of Cigarette Advertising On Consumer Surplus, Profit, And Social Welfare," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 13(1), pages 113-124, January.
- Anthony N. Rezitis & A. Blake Brown & William E. Foster, 1998.
"Adjustment costs and dynamic factor demands for U.S. cigarette manufacturing,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 18(3), pages 217-231, May.
- Rezitis, Anthony N. & Brown, A. Blake & Foster, William E., 1998. "Adjustment costs and dynamic factor demands for U.S. cigarette manufacturing," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 217-231, May.
- Lewit, Eugene M. & Coate, Douglas, 1982.
"The potential for using excise taxes to reduce smoking,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 121-145, August.
- Eugene M. Lewit & Douglas Coate, 1981. "The Potential for Using Excise Taxes to Reduce Smoking," NBER Working Papers 0764, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Khwaja, Ahmed & Sloan, Frank & Chung, Sukyung, 2006. "Learning about individual risk and the decision to smoke," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 683-699, July.
- Hong Liu & Wei Tan, 2009. "The Effect of Anti-Smoking Media Campaign on Smoking Behavior: The California Experience," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 10(1), pages 29-47, May.
- Massimo Motta, 2013. "Advertising bans," SERIEs: Journal of the Spanish Economic Association, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 4(1), pages 61-81, March.
- Tauras, John A. & Chaloupka, Frank J. & Emery, Sherry, 2005. "The impact of advertising on nicotine replacement therapy demand," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(10), pages 2351-2358, May.
- Yang, Zhenlin & Li, Chenwei & Tse, Y.K., 2006. "Functional form and spatial dependence in dynamic panels," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 138-145, April.
- Chin W. Yang & Hui Wen Cheng & Ching Wen Chi & Bwo-Nung Huang, 2016. "A Tax Can Increase Profit of a Monopolist or a Monopoly-like Firm: A Fiction or Distinct Possibility?," Hacienda Pública Española / Review of Public Economics, IEF, vol. 216(1), pages 39-60, March.
- Tariq Mahmood, 2015. "Mediating Effect of Advertising Expenditure on Labour Productivity - A Case of Manufacturing Industries in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 54(1), pages 1-15.
- Philipson, Tomas & Posner, Richard A, 1994. "Public Spending on AIDS Education: An Economic Analysis," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(1), pages 17-38, April.
- Alison L. Sexton Ward & Timothy K. M. Beatty, 2016. "Who Responds to Air Quality Alerts?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 65(2), pages 487-511, October.
- Guindon, G. Emmanuel & Boisclair, David, 2003. "Past, Current and Future Trends in Tobacco Use," University of California at San Francisco, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education qt4q57d5vp, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UC San Francisco.
- Smith, Mark E. & Ravenswaay, Eileen O. van & Thompson, Stanley R., 1984. "The Economic Consequences of Food Contamination: A Case Study of Heptachlor Contamination of Oahu Milk: Appendix 1," Agricultural Economic Report Series 201337, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Sari, Nazmi, 2013. "On anti-smoking regulations and tobacco consumption," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 60-67.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:0655. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.