Not enough money or not enough time to satisfy the Thrifty Food Plan? A cost difference approach for estimating a money-time threshold
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mullahy, John, 1998. "Much ado about two: reconsidering retransformation and the two-part model in health econometrics," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 247-281, June.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Andrew Harvey & Arun Mukhopadhyay, 2007. "When Twenty-Four Hours is not Enough: Time Poverty of Working Parents," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 82(1), pages 57-77, May.
- Stewart, Hayden & Blisard, Noel, 2006. "The Thrifty Food Plan and low-income households in the United States: What food groups are being neglected?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 469-482, October.
- Hamermesh, Daniel S., 2008. "Direct estimates of household production," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 31-34, January.
- George Davis & Wen You, 2010. "The time cost of food at home: general and food stamp participant profiles," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(20), pages 2537-2552.
- Yen, Steven T., 2010. "The effects of SNAP and WIC programs on nutrient intakes of children," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 576-583, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rudi, Jeta & Çakir, Metin, 2015. "The Effect of Grocery Shopping Frequency on the Healthfulness of Food Purchases," 143rd Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, March 25-27, 2015, Naples, Italy 202717, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mark C. Senia & Helen H. Jensen & Oleksandr Zhylyevskyy, 2017.
"Time in eating and food preparation among single adults,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 399-432, June.
- Mark C. Senia & Jensen, Helen H. & Zhylyevskyy, Oleksandr, 2014. "Time in Eating and Food Preparation among Single Adults," Staff General Research Papers Archive 37706, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Mark C. Senia & Helen H. Jensen & Oleksandr Zhylyevskyy, 2014. "Time in Eating and Food Preparation among Single Adults," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 14-wp549, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Senia, Mark C. & Jensen, Helen H. & Zhylyevskyy, Oleksandr, 2014. "Time in Eating and Food Preparation among Single Adults," Staff General Research Papers Archive 38658, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:75:y:2018:i:c:p:134-146 is not listed on IDEAS
- George Davis, 2014. "Food at home production and consumption: implications for nutrition quality and policy," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 565-588, September.
- repec:ags:aaea13:150303 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:69:y:2017:i:c:p:207-217 is not listed on IDEAS
- Davis, George C. & You, Wen, 2013. "Estimates of returns to scale, elasticity of substitution, and the thrifty food plan meal poverty rate from a direct household meal production function," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 204-212.
More about this item
KeywordsMoney Time Thrifty Food Plan;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:36:y:2011:i:2:p:101-107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.