Overcoming supply chain failure in the agri-food sector: A case study from Moldova
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Matthew Gorton & John White & Svetlana Chernyshova & Alexander Skripnik & Tatiana Vinichenko & Mikhail Dumitrasco & Galina Soltan, 2003. "The reconfiguration of post-Soviet food industries: Evidence from Ukraine and Moldova," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 409-424.
- Csaki, Csaba & Lerman, Zvi, 2001. "Land Reform And Farm Restructuring In Moldova: A Real Breakthrough?," Discussion Papers 15003, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Swinnen, Johan F. M. & Gow, Hamish R., 1999. "Agricultural credit problems and policies during the transition to a market economy in Central and Eastern Europe," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 21-47, February.
- Hamish R. Gow & Johan F. M. Swinnen, 2001. "Private Enforcement Capital and Contract Enforcement in Transition Economies," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 686-690.
- Levin, Jonathan, 2001. "Information and the Market for Lemons," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(4), pages 657-666, Winter.
- Lerman, Zvi, 2001. "Agriculture in transition economies: from common heritage to divergence," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 26(2), pages 95-114, November.
- Macours, Karen & Swinnen, Johan F M, 2002. "Patterns of Agrarian Transition," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(2), pages 365-394, January.
- Lerman, Zvi, 2001. "Agriculture in transition economies: from common heritage to divergence," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 26(2), November.
- Dries, Liesbeth & Swinnen, Johan F. M., 2004. "Foreign Direct Investment, Vertical Integration, and Local Suppliers: Evidence from the Polish Dairy Sector," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1525-1544, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Buchenrieder, Gertrud & Hanf, Jon Henrich & Pieniadz, Agata, 2009. "20 years of transition in the agri-food sector," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 58(7).
- Petrick, Martin, 2008.
"Landwirtschaft in Moldova
[Agriculture in Moldova]," IAMO Discussion Papers 117, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO).
- Welsh, Melissa & Marshall, Sarah & Noy, Ilan, 2016. "Modelling New Zealand milk: From the farm to the factory," Working Paper Series 5280, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Anderson, Kym, 2013. "Is Georgia the Next “New” Wine-Exporting Country?," Journal of Wine Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(01), pages 1-28, May.
- Hanf, Jon H. & TÃ¶rÃ¶k, Timea, 2009. "Are Co-operatives a Way to Integrate Small Farmers in Supply Chain Networks? Preliminary Thoughts on Hungary," Journal of Rural Cooperation, Hebrew University, Center for Agricultural Economic Research, vol. 37(1).
- Johannes Sauer & Matthew Gorton & John White, 2012.
"Marketing, cooperatives and price heterogeneity: evidence from the CIS dairy sector,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 43(2), pages 165-177, March.
- Sauer, Johannes & Gorton, Matthew & White, John, 2011. "Marketing, Co-operatives and Price Heterogeneity: Evidence from the CIS Dairy Sector," 85th Annual Conference, April 18-20, 2011, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 108938, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Sauer, Johannes & Gorton, Matthew & White, John, 2011. "Marketing, Cooperatives and Price Heterogeneity: Evidence from the CIS Dairy Sector," 51st Annual Conference, Halle, Germany, September 28-30, 2011 114489, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Sauer, Johannes & Gorton, Matthew & White, John, 2011. "Marketing, cooperatives and price heterogeneity: evidence from the CIS dairy sector," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103722, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Cesar Revoredo-Giha & Alan Renwick, 2016.
"Market structure and coherence of international cooperation: the case of the dairy sector in Malawi,"
Agricultural and Food Economics,
Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-23, December.
- Revoredo-Giha, Cesar, 2012. "Market structure and coherence of international cooperation: the case of the dairy sector in Malawi," Working Papers 131464, Scotland's Rural College (formerly Scottish Agricultural College), Land Economy & Environment Research Group.
- Revoredo-Giha, Cesar, 2012. "Market Structure and Coherence of International Cooperation: The Case of the Dairy Sector in Malawi," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 125274, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Revoredo-Giha, Cesar, 2012. "Market structure and coherence of international cooperation: the case of the dairy sector in Malawi," Working Papers 131464, Scottish Agricultural College, Land Economy Research Group.
- Hanf, Jon Henrich & Dautzenberg, Kirsti & Pall, Zsombor, 2009. "Making business with giants- impact of retail internationalization in Central and Eastern Europe," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 50074, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Balogh, Peter & Ertsey, Imre & Fenyves, Veronika & Nagy, Lajos, 2009. "Analysis and optimization regarding the activity of a Hungarian Pig Sales and Purchase Cooperation," Studies in Agricultural Economics, Research Institute for Agricultural Economics, issue 109, April.
- Gagalyuk, Taras, 2012. "Goal achievement in supply chain networks: A study of the Ukrainian agri-food business," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Transition Economies, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), volume 64, number 64.
- Nabeshima, Kaoru & Michida, Etsuyo, 2017. "Trend in tea trade and the role of supply chain," IDE Discussion Papers 644, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Bobojonov, Ihtiyor & Teuber, Ramona & Oshakbayev, Dauren & Glauben, Thomas, 2015. "Agrifood sector transformation and its implications on development of small farmers in Kazakhstan," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211357, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Abid A. Burki & Mushtaq A. Khan, 2008. "Milk Supply Chain and Efficiency of Smallholder Dairy Producers in Pakistan," Microeconomics Working Papers 22252, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Elijah K. Ng'eno, 2016. "Impact of Milk Marketing Channel Choice Decision on Income, Employment and Breeding Technologies among Dairy Farmer Households in Kericho County, Kenya," Asian Journal of Economics and Empirical Research, Asian Online Journal Publishing Group, vol. 3(2), pages 145-155.
- Taras Gagalyuk & Jon Henrich Hanf, 2012. "Impact of Retail Internationalization on Agribusiness: the Case of Ukraine," Accounting and Finance, Institute of Accounting and Finance, issue 4, pages 93-101, December.
- Ubilava, David & Foster, Kenneth, 2009. "Quality certification vs. product traceability: Consumer preferences for informational attributes of pork in Georgia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 305-310, June.
- Pavel Ciaian & Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2007.
"Credit Market Imperfections and the Distribution of Policy Rents: The Common Agricultural Policy in the New EU Member States,"
LICOS Discussion Papers
18307, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Ciaian, Pavel & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2008. "Credit Market Imperfections And The Distribution Of Policy Rents: The Common Agricultural Policy In The New Eu Member States," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6591, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Fuentes Navarro, E. & Faure, G. & Cortijo, E. & De Nys, E. & Bogue, J. & Gómez, C. & Mercado, W. & Gamboa, C. & Le Gal, P.-Y., 2015. "The impacts of differentiated markets on the relationship between dairy processors and smallholder farmers in the Peruvian Andes," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 145-156.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:31:y:2006:i:1:p:90-103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.