Deregulation and the adaptation of governance structure: the case of the U.S. airline industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Smith, Clifford Jr. & Watts, Ross L., 1992.
"The investment opportunity set and corporate financing, dividend, and compensation policies,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 263-292, December.
- Smith, C.W. & Watts, R.L., 1992. "The Investment Oppotunity set and Corporate Financing, Dividend and Compensation Policies," Papers 92-02, Rochester, Business - Financial Research and Policy Studies.
- Warner, Jerold B. & Watts, Ross L. & Wruck, Karen H., 1988. "Stock prices and top management changes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 461-492, January.
- Luigi Zingales, 1998.
"Survival of the Fittest or the Fattest? Exit and Financing in the Trucking Industry,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 53(3), pages 905-938, June.
- Luigi Zingales, "undated". "Survival of the Fittest or the Fattest? Exit and Financing in the Trucking Industry," CRSP working papers 336, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Zingales, Luigi, 1998. "Survival of the Fittest or the Fattest? Exit and Financing in the Trucking Industry," CEPR Discussion Papers 1778, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luigi Zingales, 1997. "Survival of the Fittest or the Fattest? Exit and Financing in the Trucking Industry," NBER Working Papers 6273, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yermack, David, 1996. "Higher market valuation of companies with a small board of directors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 185-211, February.
- Jensen, Michael C & Murphy, Kevin J, 1990. "Performance Pay and Top-Management Incentives," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, pages 225-264.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1983. "The Structure of Ownership and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 375-390, June.
- Demsetz, Harold & Lehn, Kenneth, 1985. "The Structure of Corporate Ownership: Causes and Consequences," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(6), pages 1155-1177, December.
- Kole, S.R. & Lenh, K., 1997. "Workforce Integration and the Dissipation of Value in Mergers: The Case of USAir's Acquisition of Piedmont Aviation," Papers 97-07, Rochester, Business - Financial Research and Policy Studies.
- Weisbach, Michael S., 1988. "Outside directors and CEO turnover," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 431-460, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Craig Gallet, 2001. "The Gradual Response of Market Power to Mergers in the U.S. Steel Industry," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 18(3), pages 327-336, May.
- Renée B. Adams & Hamid Mehran, 2008. "Corporate performance, board structure, and their determinants in the banking industry," Staff Reports 330, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Florian Heiss & Jens Köke, 2004.
"Dynamics in Ownership and Firm Survival: Evidence from Corporate Germany,"
European Financial Management,
European Financial Management Association, vol. 10(1), pages 167-195.
- Heiss, Florian & Köke, Jens, 2001. "Dynamics in ownership and firm survival: evidence from corporate Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 01-63, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Girma, Sourafel & Steve Thompson & Peter Wright, 2002. "Merger Activity and Executive Pay," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 87, Royal Economic Society.
- Akihiko Kawaura, 2004. "Deregulation and governance: plight of Japanese banks in the 1990s," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(5), pages 479-484.
- Bushman, Robert & Chen, Qi & Engel, Ellen & Smith, Abbie, 2004. "Financial accounting information, organizational complexity and corporate governance systems," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 167-201, June.
- Börsch-Supan, Axel & Köke, Jens, 2000. "An applied econometricians' view of empirical corporate governance studies," ZEW Discussion Papers 00-17, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Barron, John M. & Waddell, Glen R., 2003. "Executive rank, pay and project selection," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 305-349, February.
- Alves, Carlos F. & Barbot, Cristina, 2007.
"Do low cost carriers have different corporate governance models?,"
Journal of Air Transport Management,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 116-120.
- Carlos Alves & Cristina Barbot, 2006. "Do Low Cost Carriers Have Different Corporate Governance Models?," FEP Working Papers 231, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Kim, Kenneth A. & Lee, Sang-Hyop & Rhee, S. Ghon, 2007. "Large shareholder monitoring and regulation: The Japanese banking experience," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 59(5), pages 466-486.
- Mar, Pamela & Young, Michael N., 2001. "Corporate governance in transition economies: a case study of two Chinese airlines," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 280-302, October.
- Dalida Kadyrzhanova, 2005. "Predatory Governance," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 421, Society for Computational Economics.
- Anderson, Christopher W. & Campbell, Terry II, 2004. "Corporate governance of Japanese banks," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 327-354, June.
- Patro, Sukesh, 2008. "The evolution of ownership structure of corporate spin-offs," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 596-613, December.
- Hu, Fang & Tan, Weiqiang & Xin, Qingquan & Yang, Sixian, 2013. "How do market forces affect executive compensation in Chinese state-owned enterprises?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 78-87.
- Fan, Joseph P. H., 2000. "Price uncertainty and vertical integration: an examination of petrochemical firms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 345-376, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec:v:52:y:1999:i:1:p:79-117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .