On trade, land-use, and biodiversity
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brander, James A. & Scott Taylor, M., 1998.
"Open access renewable resources: Trade and trade policy in a two-country model,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 181-209, April.
- James A. Brander & M. Scott Taylor, 1996. "Open Access Renewable Resources: Trade and Trade Policy in a Two-CountryModel," NBER Working Papers 5474, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Montgomery, Claire A. & Pollak, Robert A. & Freemark, Kathryn & White, Denis, 1999. "Pricing Biodiversity," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-19, July.
- Montgomery Claire A. & Brown Jr. , Gardner M. & Adams Darius M., 1994. "The Marginal Cost of Species Preservation: The Northern Spotted Owl," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 111-128, March.
- Elizabeth Marshall & Frances Homans & Robert Haight, 2000. "Exploring Strategies for Improving the Cost Effectiveness of Endangered Species Management: The Kirtland's Warbler as a Case Study," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 76(3), pages 462-473.
- Barbier, Edward B. & Schulz, Carl-Erik, 1997. "Wildlife, biodiversity and trade," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(02), pages 145-172, May.
- Simpson, R David & Sedjo, Roger A & Reid, John W, 1996. "Valuing Biodiversity for Use in Pharmaceutical Research," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 163-185, February.
- Kohn, Robert E & Capen, Peter D, 2002. "Optimal Volume of Environmentally Damaging Trade," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 49(1), pages 22-38, February.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1992.
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 363-405.
- Weitzman, M.L., 1991. "On Diversity," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1553, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Hyde, William F., 1989. "Marginal Costs of Managing Endangered Species:The Case of the Red-Cockaded Woodpecker," Journal of Agricultural Economics Research, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, issue 2.
- Stephen Polasky & Jeffrey D. Camm & Brian Garber-Yonts, 2001. "Selecting Biological Reserves Cost-Effectively: An Application to Terrestrial Vertebrate Conservation in Oregon," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 77(1), pages 68-78.
- Weitzman, M.L., 1992. "Diversity Functions," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1610, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Mark E. Lichtenstein & Claire A. Montgomery, 2003. "Biodiversity and Timber in the Coast Range of Oregon: Inside the Production Possibility Frontier," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 79(1), pages 56-73.
- Copeland, Brian R & Taylor, M Scott, 1995. "Trade and Transboundary Pollution," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(4), pages 716-737, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eppink, Florian V. & van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M., 2007. "Ecological theories and indicators in economic models of biodiversity loss and conservation: A critical review," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 284-293, March.
- Eichner, Thomas & Pethig, Rüdiger, 2016. "Coaseian biodiversity conservation. Who benefits?," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145745, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Andreas Freytag & Christoph Vietze, 2013.
"Can nature promote development? The role of sustainable tourism for economic growth,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Policy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 16-44, March.
- Andreas Freytag & Christoph Vietze, 2010. "Can nature promote development? The role of sustainable tourism for economic growth," Jena Economic Research Papers 2010-008, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Portman, Michelle E. & Jin, Di & Thunberg, Eric, 2009. "Waterfront land use change and marine resource conditions: The case of New Bedford and Fairhaven, Massachusetts," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(8-9), pages 2354-2362, June.
- Brei, Michael & Pérez-Barahona, Agustín & Strobl, Eric, 2016.
"Environmental pollution and biodiversity: Light pollution and sea turtles in the Caribbean,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 95-116.
- Michael Brei & Agustin Pérez-Barahona & Eric Strobl, 2016. "Environmental Pollution and Biodiversity: Light Pollution and Sea Turtles in the Caribbean," Post-Print hal-01410669, HAL.
- repec:zbw:espost:176807 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lovell, Sabrina J. & Stone, Susan F. & Fernandez, Linda, 2006.
"The Economic Impacts of Aquatic Invasive Species: A Review of the Literature,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 35(1), April.
- Sabrina J. Lovell & Susan F. Stone, 2005. "The Economic Impacts of Aquatic Invasive Species: A Review of the Literature," NCEE Working Paper Series 200502, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Jan 2005.
- Rupert Gatti & Timo Goeschl & Ben Groom & Timothy Swanson, 2011. "The Biodiversity Bargaining Problem," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 48(4), pages 609-628, April.
- Leroux, Anke D. & Martin, Vance L. & Goeschl, Timo, 2009. "Optimal conservation, extinction debt, and the augmented quasi-option value," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 43-57, July.
- Kenzo Abe & Muneyuki Saito, 2016. "Environmental Protection in the Presence of Unemployment and Common Resources," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 176-188, February.
- Xiao Chen & Alan Woodland, 2013. "International trade and climate change," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 20(3), pages 381-413, June.
- Eppink, Florian V. & Withagen, Cees A., 2009. "Spatial patterns of biodiversity conservation in a multiregional general equilibrium model," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 75-88, May.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:141:y:2017:i:c:p:222-233 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barbier, Edward B. & Bulte, Erwin H., 2004.
"Introduction to the symposium on trade, renewable resources and biodiversity,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 883-890, September.
- Barbier, E. & Bulte, E.H., 2004. "Introduction to the symposium on trade, renewable resources and biodiversity," Other publications TiSEM 23d4672f-7b59-47f8-b81e-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Daniel Esteban May, 2012. "Addressing biodiversity loss when international markets of agricultural commodities are oligopolistic," Economics and Business Letters, Oviedo University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 53-57.
- Leroux, Anke D. & Creedy, John, 2007.
"Optimal land conversion and growth with uncertain biodiversity costs,"
Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 542-549, March.
- Anke Leroux & John Creedy, 2005. "Optimal Land Conversion And Growth With Uncertain Biodiversity Costs," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 957, The University of Melbourne.
- Tim Swanson & Ben Groom, 2012.
"Regulating global biodiversity: what is the problem?,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 114-138, Spring.
- Tim Swanson & Ben Groom, 2012. "Regulating Global Biodiversity: What is the Problem?," Working Papers 2012.31, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- William Brock & Ann Kinzig & Charles Perrings, 2010. "Modeling the Economics of Biodiversity and Environmental Heterogeneity," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 46(1), pages 43-58, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeeman:v:48:y:2004:i:2:p:911-925. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.