Environmental Cleanliness as a Public Good: Welfare and Policy Implications of Nonconvex Preferences
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Burrows, Paul, 1986. "Nonconvexity induced by external costs on production: Theoretical curio or policy dilemma?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 101-128, June.
- Grossman, Gene M & Krueger, Alan B, 1995.
"Economic Growth and the Environment,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 110(2), pages 353-77, May.
- Cropper, M. L. & Arriaga-Salinas, A. S., 1980. "Inter-city wage differentials and the value of air quality," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 236-254, September.
- Ian M. Dobbs, 1991. "Litter and Waste Management: Disposal Taxes versus User Charges," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 24(1), pages 221-27, February.
- Dierker, Egbert & Dierker, Hildegard & Trockel, Walter, 1980. "Continuous mean demand functions derived from non-convex preferences," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 27-33, March.
- Bergstrom, Theodore & Blume, Lawrence & Varian, Hal, 1986. "On the private provision of public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 25-49, February.
- Bayless, Mark, 1982. "Measuring the benefits of air quality improvements: A hedonic salary approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 81-99, March.
- Balcer, Yves, 1980. "Equilibrium in an exchange economy with non-convex preferences: A simple approach," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 236-242, October.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1990. "Rationalizability, Learning, and Equilibrium in Games with Strategic Complementarities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(6), pages 1255-77, November.
- Otani, Yoshihiko & Sicilian, Joseph, 1977. "Externalities and problems of nonconvexity and overhead costs in welfare economics," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 239-251, April.
- Warr, Peter G., 1983. "The private provision of a public good is independent of the distribution of income," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 207-211.
- Baumol, William J & Bradford, David F, 1972. "Detrimental Externalities and Non-Convexity of the Production Set," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 39(154), pages 160-76, May.
- Starrett, David A., 1972. "Fundamental nonconvexities in the theory of externalities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 180-199, April.
- Randall, Alan & Ives, Berry & Eastman, Clyde, 1974. "Bidding games for valuation of aesthetic environmental improvements," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 132-149, August.
- Starr, Ross M, 1969. "Quasi-Equilibria in Markets with Non-Convex Preferences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(1), pages 25-38, January.
- Henry, Claude, 1972. "Market Games with Indivisible Commodities and Non-convex Preferences," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(1), pages 73-76, January.
- Selden Thomas M. & Song Daqing, 1994. "Environmental Quality and Development: Is There a Kuznets Curve for Air Pollution Emissions?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 147-162, September.
- Helfand Gloria E. & Rubin Jonathan, 1994. "Spreading versus Concentrating Damages: Environmental Policy in the Presence of Nonconvexities," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 84-91, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeeman:v:34:y:1997:i:3:p:256-274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.