An Emission Saved Is an Emission Earned: An Empirical Study of Emission Banking for Light-Duty Vehicle Manufacturers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Rubin, Jonathan D. & Kling, Catherine, 1993. "An Emission Saved is an Emission Earned: An Empirical Study of Emission Banking for Light-Duty Vehicle Manufacturers," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt3rb1472g, University of California Transportation Center.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carmen Difglio & K.G. Duleep & David L. Green, 1990. "Cost Effectiveness of Future Fuel Economy Improvements," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 65-86.
- Hahn, Robert W & Axtell, Robert L, 1995. "Reevaluating the Relationship between Transferable Property Rights and Command-and-Control Regulation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 125-148, September.
- Maloney, Michael T. & Yandle, Bruce, 1984. "Estimation of the cost of air pollution control regulation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Cropper, Maureen L & Oates, Wallace E, 1992. "Environmental Economics: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(2), pages 675-740, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kling, Catherine & Rubin, Jonathan, 1997.
"Bankable permits for the control of environmental pollution,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 101-115, April.
- Kling, Catherine L. & Rubin, Jonathan, 1997. "Bankable Permits for the Control of Environmental Pollution," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1479, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Juan-Pablo Montero, 2002. "The Temporal Efficiency of SO2 Emissions Trading," Documentos de Trabajo 225, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Richard Newell & William Pizer & Jiangfeng Zhang, 2005.
"Managing Permit Markets to Stabilize Prices,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 31(2), pages 133-157, June.
- Pizer, William & Newell, Richard & Zhang, Jiangfeng, 2003. "Managing Permit Markets to Stabilize Prices," Discussion Papers dp-03-34, Resources For the Future.
- Newell, Richard G. & Pizer, William A. & Zhang, Jiangfeng, 2003. "Managing Permit Markets to Stabilize Prices," Discussion Papers 10524, Resources for the Future.
- Li, Shoude, 2014. "Dynamic optimal control of pollution abatement under emissions permit banking," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 363-369.
- Considine, Timothy J. & Larson, Donald F., 2006. "The environment as a factor of production," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 645-662, November.
- Schwabe, Kurt A., 2000. "Modeling state-level water quality management: the case of the Neuse River Basin," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 37-62, January.
- Tietenberg, Tom, 1998. "Ethical influences on the evolution of the US tradable permit approach to air pollution control," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2-3), pages 241-257, February.
- Robert W. Hahn, 1995. "Choosing among fuels and technologies for cleaning up the air," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 532-554.
- Innes, Robert, 2003. "Stochastic pollution, costly sanctions, and optimality of emission permit banking," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 546-568, May.
- Zaklan, Aleksandar & Ellerman, Denny & Valero, Vanessa, 2015. "An Analysis of Allowance Banking in the EU ETS," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 113034, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Schennach, Susanne M., 2000. "The Economics of Pollution Permit Banking in the Context of Title IV of the 1990 Clean Air Act Amendments," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 189-210, November.
- Denny Ellerman & Vanessa Valero & Aleksandar Zaklan, 2015. "An Analysis of Allowance Banking in the EU ETS," RSCAS Working Papers 2015/29, European University Institute.
- Feng, Hongli & Zhao, Jinhua, 2006.
"Alternative intertemporal permit trading regimes with stochastic abatement costs,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 24-40, January.
- Hongli Feng & Jinhua Zhao, 2002. "Alternative Intertemporal Permit Trading Regimes with Stochastic Abatement Costs," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 02-wp318, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Feng, Hongli & Zhao, Jinhua, 2002. "Alternative Intertemporal Permit Trading Regimes with Stochastic Abatement Costs," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10057, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Schwabe, Kurt A., 1999. "The effects of separability on incentive-based instrument performance," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 377-380, June.
- Daniel Phaneuf & Till Requate, 2002. "Incentives for Investment in Advanced Pollution Abatement Technology in Emission Permit Markets with Banking," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 22(3), pages 369-390, July.
- Solomon, Barry D., 1999. "New directions in emissions trading: the potential contribution of new institutional economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 371-387, September.
- Rubin, Jonathan & Leiby, Paul N. & Greene, David L., 2009. "Tradable fuel economy credits: Competition and oligopoly," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 315-328, November.
- Charles Raux, 2002. "The Use of Transferable Permits in the Transport Sector," Post-Print halshs-00080454, HAL.
- Speir, Cameron & Stephenson, Kurt & Shabman, Leonard A., 2000. "Command-And-Control Or Effluent Allowance Markets: Roles Of Economic Analysis," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21869, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeeman:v:25:y:1993:i:3:p:257-274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.