Generalizing the core design principles for the efficacy of groups
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Elinor Ostrom, 2010.
"Beyond Markets and States: Polycentric Governance of Complex Economic Systems,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(3), pages 641-672, June.
- Ostrom, Elinor, 2009. "Beyond Markets and States: Polycentric Governance of Complex Economic Systems," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 2009-4, Nobel Prize Committee.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:55:y:1961:i:04:p:831-842_12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wilson, David Sloan & Gowdy, John M., 2013. "Evolution as a general theoretical framework for economics and public policy," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 90(S), pages 3-10.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Constantine Iliopoulos & Irini Theodorakopoulou, 2014. "Mandatory Cooperative and the Free Rider Problem: the Case of Santo Wines in Santorini, Greece," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(4), pages 663-681, December.
- Eli Dourado & Alex Tabarrok, 2015. "Public choice perspectives on intellectual property," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 163(1), pages 129-151, April.
- John Gowdy & Lisi Krall, 2014. "Agriculture as a major evolutionary transition to human ultrasociality," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 179-202, July.
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:10:y:2014:i:c:p:155-163 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:jorgde:v:6:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s41469-017-0019-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Russell Weaver, 2016. "Evolutionary Theory and Neighborhood Quality: A Multilevel Selection-inspired Approach to Studying Urban Property Conditions," Applied Research in Quality of Life, Springer;International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies, vol. 11(2), pages 369-386, June.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:3:p:679-:d:134364 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gowdy, John & Krall, Lisi, 2013. "The ultrasocial origin of the Anthropocene," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 137-147.
- David Harper, 2014. "Property rights as a complex adaptive system: how entrepreneurship transforms intellectual property structures," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 335-355, April.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:137:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11205-017-1615-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stoelhorst, J.W. & Richerson, Peter J., 2013. "A naturalistic theory of economic organization," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 90(S), pages 45-56.
- Schlauch, Michael, 2014. "The Integrative Analysis of Economic Ecosystems: Reviewing labour market policies with new insights from permaculture and systems theory," MPRA Paper 53757, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:gam:jscscx:v:7:y:2018:i:3:p:49-:d:137205 is not listed on IDEAS
- Farley, Joshua & Costanza, Robert & Flomenhoft, Gary & Kirk, Daniel, 2015. "The Vermont Common Assets Trust: An institution for sustainable, just and efficient resource allocation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 71-79.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:5:p:1586-:d:146553 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elisabeth Schauppenlehner-Kloyber & Marianne Penker, 2016. "Between Participation and Collective Action—From Occasional Liaisons towards Long-Term Co-Management for Urban Resilience," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(7), pages 1-18, July.
- Sarker, Ashutosh & Ikeda, Toru & Abe, Takaki & Inoue, Ken, 2015. "Design principles for managing coastal fisheries commons in present-day Japan," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 32-38.
- Waring, Timothy M. & Goff, Sandra H. & Smaldino, Paul E., 2017. "The coevolution of economic institutions and sustainable consumption via cultural group selection," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 524-532.
More about this item
KeywordsElinor Ostrom; Common pool resource groups; Core design principles; Multilevel selection; Biocultural evolution;
- A - General Economics and Teaching
- D - Microeconomics
- H - Public Economics
- L - Industrial Organization
- M - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:90:y:2013:i:s:p:s21-s32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.