Inflation Stabilization, Fiscal Deficits, and Public Debt Management in Poland
Poland edged towards hyperinflation towards the latter half of 1989,but inflation fell dramatically after drastic reformswere enacted in January of 1990. We analyse the consistency betweenfiscal deficits and inflation targets and assessPoland's domestic and foreign debt management policies and the impactof the Brady debt reduction agreement on therelationship between fiscal deficits and inflation. We also assessthe impact of financial sector measures on seignioragerevenue and the sustainability of the low inflation strategy. Suchpolicies are shown to have a direct impact on thesustainability of inflation targets.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Buiter, Willem H., 1996.
"Aspects of Fiscal Performance in some Transition Economies under Fund-supported Programs,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1535, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- W.H. Buiter, 1997. "Aspects of Fiscal Performance in Some Transition Economies Under Fund-Supported Programs," CEP Discussion Papers dp0333, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Willem H. Buiter, 1997. "Aspects of Fiscal Performance in Some Transition Economies Under Fund-Supported Programs," IMF Working Papers 97/31, International Monetary Fund.
- Willem H. Buiter, 1997. "Aspects of fiscal performance in some transition economies under fund-supported programs," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20353, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Sahay, Ratna & Vegh, Carlos, 1995.
"Dollarization in transition economies: Evidence and policy implications,"
20490, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carlos A. VÃ©gh Gramont & Ratna Sahay, 1995. "Dollarization in Transition Economies; Evidence and Policy Implications," IMF Working Papers 95/96, International Monetary Fund.
- Carlos A. VÃ©gh Gramont & Ratna Sahay, 1995. "Inflation and Stabilization in Transition Economies; A Comparison with Market Economies," IMF Working Papers 95/8, International Monetary Fund.
- Timothy D. Lane, 1991. "Inflation Stabilization and Economic Transformation in Poland; The First Year," IMF Working Papers 91/70, International Monetary Fund.
- Bas Van Aarle & Nina Budina, 1996. "Currency substitution and seignorage in eastern europe," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(3), pages 279-298.
- Peter Boswijk, H., 1994. "Testing for an unstable root in conditional and structural error correction models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 37-60, July.
- Ritu Anand & Sweder van Wijnbergen, 1988. "Inflation, External Debt and Financial Sector Reform: A Quantitative Approach To Consistent Fiscal Policy With An Application to Turkey," NBER Working Papers 2731, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcecon:v:29:y:2001:i:2:p:293-309. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.