An empirical study on the hysteresis of currency substitution in Cambodia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Canzoneri, Matthew B. & Diba, Behzad T., 1993. "Currency substitution and exchange rate volatility in the European Community," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, pages 351-365.
- Carlos A. Végh Gramont & Ratna Sahay, 1995.
"Dollarization in Transition Economies; Evidence and Policy Implications,"
IMF Working Papers
95/96, International Monetary Fund.
- Sahay, Ratna & Vegh, Carlos, 1995. "Dollarization in transition economies: Evidence and policy implications," MPRA Paper 20490, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 1996. "Foundations of International Macroeconomics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262150476, January.
- Uribe, Martin, 1997.
"Hysteresis in a simple model of currency substitution,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 185-202, September.
- Martin Uribe, 1995. "Hysteresis in a simple model of currency substitution," International Finance Discussion Papers 509, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Calvo, Guillermo A & Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1977. "A Model of Exchange Rate Determination under Currency Substitution and Rational Expectations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 617-625, June.
- Hee-Ryang Ra, 2008. "Modeling the Dollarization: A Case Study for Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 157-169.
- Liliana Rojas-Suárez, 1992. "Currency Substitution and Inflation in Peru," IMF Working Papers 92/33, International Monetary Fund.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Joannes Mongardini & Johannes Mueller, 2000.
"Ratchet Effects in Currency Substitution: An Application to the Kyrgyz Republic,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 47(2), pages 1-3.
- Joannes Mongardini & Johannes Mueller, 1999. "Rachet Effects in Currency Substitution; An Application to the Kyrgyz Republic," IMF Working Papers 99/102, International Monetary Fund.
- Calvo, Guillermo & Vegh, Carlos, 1992.
"Currency Substitution in Developing Countries: An Introduction,"
20338, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guillermo Calvo & Carlos A. Végh Gramont, 1992. "Currency Substitution in Developing Countries; An Introduction," IMF Working Papers 92/40, International Monetary Fund.
- International Monetary Fund, 2002. "Macroeconomic Adjustment in a Highly Dollarized Economy; The Case of Cambodia," IMF Working Papers 02/92, International Monetary Fund.
- Menon, Jayant, 2008. "Cambodia's Persistent Dollarization: Causes and Policy Options," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 19, Asian Development Bank.
- Valev, Neven T., 2010. "The hysteresis of currency substitution: Currency risk vs. network externalities," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 224-235, March.
- Kiwon Kang, 2005. "Is Dollarization Good for Cambodia?," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 201-211.
- Johannes Mueller, 1994. "Dollarization in Lebanon," IMF Working Papers 94/129, International Monetary Fund.
- Sharma, Subhash C. & Kandil, Magda & Chaisrisawatsuk, Santi, 2005. "Currency substitution in Asian countries," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 489-532, June.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & A. B. M. Nasir, 2004. "ARDL Approach to Test the Productivity Bias Hypothesis," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 483-488, August.
- Sovannroeun Samreth, 2010. "Currency substitution and seigniorage-maximizing inflation: the case of Cambodia," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(15), pages 1907-1916.
- Vuslat Us, 2003. "Analyzing the Persistence of Currency Substitution Using a Ratchet Variable : The Turkish Case," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 58-81, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marco Airaudo & Edward F Buffie & Luis-Felipe Zanna, 2016. "Inflation Targeting and Exchange Rate Management In Less Developed Countries," IMF Working Papers 16/55, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:bof:bofitp:urn:nbn:fi:bof-201511231446 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:jecfin:v:41:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s12197-016-9379-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sovannroeun Samreth, 2015. "An Estimation of the Money Demand Function in Cambodia," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(4), pages 2625-2636.
- Anna Krupkina & Alexey Ponomarenko, 2017.
"Deposit dollarization in emerging markets: modelling the hysteresis effect,"
Journal of Economics and Finance,
Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 41(4), pages 794-805, October.
- Anna Krupkina & Alexey Ponomarenko, 2015. "Deposit dollarization in emerging markets: modelling the hysteresis effect," Bank of Russia Working Paper Series wps7, Bank of Russia.
- Krupkina, Anna & Ponomarenko, Alexey, 2015. "Deposit dollarization in emerging markets: modelling the hysteresis effect," BOFIT Discussion Papers 32/2015, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
More about this item
KeywordsCurrency substitution; Dollarization; Hysteresis; Cambodia;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:22:y:2011:i:6:p:518-527. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .