Love or hate, depends on who's saying it: How legitimacy of brand rejection alters brand preferences
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Morgan K. Ward & Darren W. Dahl, 2014. "Should the Devil Sell Prada? Retail Rejection Increases Aspiring Consumers' Desire for the Brand," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(3), pages 590-609.
- Kerwin Kofi Charles & Erik Hurst & Nikolai Roussanov, 2009. "Conspicuous Consumption and Race," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 124(2), pages 425-467.
- Wan, Fang & Ansons, Tamara L. & Chattopadhyay, Amitava & Leboe, Jason P., 2013. "Defensive reactions to slim female images in advertising: The moderating role of mode of exposure," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 37-46.
- DUBOIS, Bernard & LAURENT, Gilles & CZELLAR, Sandor, 2001. "Consumer rapport to luxury : Analyzing complex and ambivalent attitudes," HEC Research Papers Series 736, HEC Paris.
- SandIkcI, Özlem & Ekici, Ahmet, 2009. "Politically motivated brand rejection," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 208-217, February.
- Sara Loughran Dommer & Vanitha Swaminathan & Rohini Ahluwalia, 2013. "Using Differentiated Brands to Deflect Exclusion and Protect Inclusion: The Moderating Role of Self-Esteem on Attachment to Differentiated Brands," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(4), pages 657-675.
- Jonah Berger & Morgan Ward, 2010. "Subtle Signals of Inconspicuous Consumption," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(4), pages 555-569, December.
- Sahaym, Arvin, 2013. "Born with a silver spoon of legitimacy but struggling for identity? The paradox of emerging spin-offs in a new sector," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(11), pages 2210-2217.
- Jaehoon Lee & L. J. Shrum, 2012. "Conspicuous Consumption versus Charitable Behavior in Response to Social Exclusion: A Differential Needs Explanation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(3), pages 530-544.
- Cromie, John G. & Ewing, Mike T., 2009. "The rejection of brand hegemony," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 218-230, February.
- Derek D. Rucker & Adam D. Galinsky, 2008. "Desire to Acquire: Powerlessness and Compensatory Consumption," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(2), pages 257-267, April.
- Park, Hyun-Soo & Auh, Seigyoung & Maher, Amro A. & Singhapakdi, Anusorn, 2012. "Marketing's accountability and internal legitimacy: Implications for firm performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(11), pages 1576-1582.
- Arnold, Stephen J. & Handelman, Jay & Tigert, Douglas J., 1996. "Organizational legitimacy and retail store patronage," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 229-239, March.
- Stokburger-Sauer, Nicola E. & Teichmann, Karin, 2013. "Is luxury just a female thing? The role of gender in luxury brand consumption," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(7), pages 889-896.
- Chaney, Damien & Lunardo, Renaud & Bressolles, Grégory, 2016. "Making the store a place of learning: The effects of in-store educational activities on retailer legitimacy and shopping intentions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 5886-5893.
- Aime, Federico & Meyer, Christopher J. & Humphrey, Stephen E., 2010. "Legitimacy of team rewards: Analyzing legitimacy as a condition for the effectiveness of team incentive designs," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 60-66, January.
More about this item
KeywordsBrand rejection; Rejection legitimacy; Brand preference; Brand status;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:90:y:2018:i:c:p:164-170. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.