Big data analytics and firm performance: Effects of dynamic capabilities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Germann, Frank & Lilien, Gary L. & Fiedler, Lars & Kraus, Matthias, 2014. "Do Retailers Benefit from Deploying Customer Analytics?," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 90(4), pages 587-593.
- Lin, Bou-Wen, 2007. "Information technology capability and value creation: Evidence from the US banking industry," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 93-106.
- Sarv Devaraj & Rajiv Kohli, 2003. "Performance Impacts of Information Technology: Is Actual Usage the Missing Link?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(3), pages 273-289, March.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 2000. "Beyond Computation: Information Technology, Organizational Transformation and Business Performance," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 23-48, Fall.
- Michael J. Tippins & Ravipreet S. Sohi, 2003. "IT competency and firm performance: is organizational learning a missing link?," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(8), pages 745-761, August.
- Sinan Aral & Peter Weill, 2007. "IT Assets, Organizational Capabilities, and Firm Performance: How Resource Allocations and Organizational Differences Explain Performance Variation," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(5), pages 763-780, October.
- Sharif, Amir M. & Irani, Zahir, 2006. "Exploring Fuzzy Cognitive Mapping for IS Evaluation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 173(3), pages 1175-1187, September.
- Irani, Zahir & Ghoneim, Ahmad & Love, Peter E.D., 2006. "Evaluating cost taxonomies for information systems management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 173(3), pages 1103-1122, September.
- Tenenhaus, Michel & Vinzi, Vincenzo Esposito & Chatelin, Yves-Marie & Lauro, Carlo, 2005. "PLS path modeling," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 159-205, January.
- Z Irani, 2010. "Investment evaluation within project management: an information systems perspective," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 61(6), pages 917-928, June.
- Fosso Wamba, Samuel & Akter, Shahriar & Edwards, Andrew & Chopin, Geoffrey & Gnanzou, Denis, 2015. "How ‘big data’ can make big impact: Findings from a systematic review and a longitudinal case study," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 234-246.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Prasanna Tambe & Lorin M. Hitt, 2014. "Measuring Information Technology Spillovers," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 25(1), pages 53-71, March.
- Zand, Fardad & Van Beers, Cees & Van Leeuwen, George, 2011. "Information technology, organizational change and firm productivity: A panel study of complementarity effects and clustering patterns in Manufacturing and Services," MPRA Paper 46469, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sadaf Bashir & Bert Sadowski, 2014.
"General Purpose Technologies: A Survey, a Critique and Future Research Directions,"
14-02, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies, revised Feb 2014.
- Bashir, Sadaf & Sadowski, B. M., 2014. "General purpose technologies: A survey, a critique and future research directions," 25th European Regional ITS Conference, Brussels 2014 101443, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Kristina McElheran, 2016. "Data in Action: Data-Driven Decision Making in U.S. Manufacturing," Working Papers 16-06, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Ashrafi, Amir & Zare Ravasan, Ahad & Trkman, Peter & Afshari, Samira, 2019. "The role of business analytics capabilities in bolstering firms’ agility and performance," International Journal of Information Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 1-15.
- Baoshan Ge & Liyi Zhao, 2022. "The impact of the integration of opportunity and resources of new ventures on entrepreneurial performance: The moderating role of BDAC‐AI," Systems Research and Behavioral Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(3), pages 440-461, May.
- Carlos Devece, 2013. "The value of business managers' ‘Information Technology’ competence," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(7-8), pages 720-733, May.
- Stefan Schweikl & Robert Obermaier, 2020. "Lessons from three decades of IT productivity research: towards a better understanding of IT-induced productivity effects," Management Review Quarterly, Springer, vol. 70(4), pages 461-507, November.
- Akter, Shahriar & Wamba, Samuel Fosso & Gunasekaran, Angappa & Dubey, Rameshwar & Childe, Stephen J., 2016. "How to improve firm performance using big data analytics capability and business strategy alignment?," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 182(C), pages 113-131.
- Gunasekaran, Angappa & Papadopoulos, Thanos & Dubey, Rameshwar & Wamba, Samuel Fosso & Childe, Stephen J. & Hazen, Benjamin & Akter, Shahriar, 2017. "Big data and predictive analytics for supply chain and organizational performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 308-317.
- Avraam Papastathopoulos & Christina C. Beneki, 2011. "Predicting Innovation Activity In European Manufacturing Firms: A Multi-Country Empirical Study," International Journal of Management and Marketing Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 4(2), pages 49-65.
- Frank Germann & Gary L. Lilien & Christine Moorman & Lars Fiedler & Till Groβmaβ, 2020. "Driving Customer Analytics From the Top," Customer Needs and Solutions, Springer;Institute for Sustainable Innovation and Growth (iSIG), vol. 7(3), pages 43-61, October.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Wang Jin & Kristina McElheran, 2021. "The power of prediction: predictive analytics, workplace complements, and business performance," Business Economics, Palgrave Macmillan;National Association for Business Economics, vol. 56(4), pages 217-239, October.
- Hemant K. Bhargava & Abhay Nath Mishra, 2014. "Electronic Medical Records and Physician Productivity: Evidence from Panel Data Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 60(10), pages 2543-2562, October.
- Popa, Simona & Soto-Acosta, Pedro & Perez-Gonzalez, Daniel, 2018. "An investigation of the effect of electronic business on financial performance of Spanish manufacturing SMEs," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 355-362.
- Sivarajah, Uthayasankar & Kamal, Muhammad Mustafa & Irani, Zahir & Weerakkody, Vishanth, 2017. "Critical analysis of Big Data challenges and analytical methods," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 263-286.
- Ehrenhard, Michel & Wijnhoven, Fons & van den Broek, Tijs & Zinck Stagno, Marc, 2017. "Unlocking how start-ups create business value with mobile applications: Development of an App-enabled Business Innovation Cycle," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 26-36.
- Ailian Zhang & Mengmeng Pan, 2020. "“Smart Process” of Medical Innovation: The Synergism Based on Network and Physical Space," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 17(11), pages 1-17, May.
- Scott, Susan V. & Van Reenen, John & Zachariadis, Markos, 2017.
"The long-term effect of digital innovation on bank performance: An empirical study of SWIFT adoption in financial services,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(5), pages 984-1004.
- Susan Scott & John Van Reenen & Markos Zachariadis, 2010. "The Long-Term Effect of Digital Innovation on Bank Performance: An Empirical Study of SWIFT Adoption in Financial Services," CEP Discussion Papers dp0992, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Scott, Susan V. & Van Reenen, John & Zachariadis, Markos, 2017. "The long-term effect of digital innovation on bank performance: an empirical study of SWIFT adoption in financial services," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 70776, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Scott, Susan V. & Van Reenen, John & Zachariadis, Markos, 2017. "The long-term effect of digital innovation on bank performance: An empirical study of SWIFT adoption in financial services," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 83641, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Marinella Boccia & Anna Maria Ferragina & Stefano Iandolo, 2022. "Follow the cloud! The impact of ICT on Italian provinces’ trade," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 49(4), pages 667-690, December.
More about this item
KeywordsBig data analytics; Big data analytics capability; Business values; Process-oriented dynamic capabilities; Firm performance;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:70:y:2017:i:c:p:356-365. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.