Introspecting the spiritual nature of a brand divorce
This introspective piece focuses on a brand divorce that was not deliberate, but rather, was the positive consequence of a spiritual transformation through meditation. From the perspective of the author who was introspecting, the brand divorce was a result of the self-transformation. The paper contributes to the literature on brand relationships, and self-transformational consumer research. The work brings attention to unintentional, consumer-initiated, brand–person relationship dissolution.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Meera Venkatraman & Teresa Nelson, 2008. "From servicescape to consumptionscape: a photo-elicitation study of Starbucks in the New China," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 39(6), pages 1010-1026, September.
- Lee, Michael S.W. & Motion, Judith & Conroy, Denise, 2009. "Anti-consumption and brand avoidance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 169-180, February.
- Holt, Douglas B, 2002. " Why Do Brands Cause Trouble? A Dialectical Theory of Consumer Culture and Branding," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(1), pages 70-90, June.
- Gould, Stephen J, 1991. " The Self-Manipulation of My Pervasive, Perceived Vital Energy through Product Use: An Introspective-Praxis Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(2), pages 194-207, September.
- Csikszentmihalyi, Mihaly, 2000. " The Costs and Benefits of Consuming," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 267-72, September.
- Hogg, Margaret K. & Banister, Emma N. & Stephenson, Christopher A., 2009. "Mapping symbolic (anti-) consumption," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 148-159, February.
- Fournier, Susan, 1998. " Consumers and Their Brands: Developing Relationship Theory in Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(4), pages 343-73, March.
- Cherrier, Hélène, 2009. "Anti-consumption discourses and consumer-resistant identities," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 181-190, February.
- Muniz, Albert M, Jr & O'Guinn, Thomas C, 2001. " Brand Community," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(4), pages 412-32, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:65:y:2012:i:4:p:520-526. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.