Anti-consumption discourses and consumer-resistant identities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Binswanger, Mathias, 2006. "Why does income growth fail to make us happier?: Searching for the treadmills behind the paradox of happiness," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 366-381, April.
- Holt, Douglas B, 2002. " Why Do Brands Cause Trouble? A Dialectical Theory of Consumer Culture and Branding," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(1), pages 70-90, June.
- Firat, A Fuat & Venkatesh, Alladi, 1995. " Liberatory Postmodernism and the Reenchantment of Consumption," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 239-267, December.
- Thompson, Craig J & Locander, William B & Pollio, Howard R, 1989. " Putting Consumer Experience Back into Consumer Research: The Philosophy and Method of Existential-Phenomenology," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 133-146, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael S. W. Lee & Christie Seo Youn Ahn, 2016. "Anti-consumption, Materialism, and Consumer Well-being," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 18-47, March.
- Endo, Takahiro & Tsuboyama, Yuki & Hara, Yoritoshi, 2016.
"Beyond taxation: Discourse around energy policy in Japan,"
Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 412-419.
- Takahiro Endo & Yuki Tsuboyama & Yoritoshi Hara, 2015. "Beyond Taxation: Discourse around Energy Policy in Japan," Discussion Paper Series DP2015-02, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, revised Sep 2016.
- Hackley, Chris & Bengry-Howell, Andrew & Griffin, Christine & Szmigin, Isabelle & Mistral, Willm & Hackley, Rungpaka Amy, 2015. "Transgressive drinking practices and the subversion of proscriptive alcohol policy messages," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(10), pages 2125-2131.
- Hélène Cherrier, 2016. "Material Presence and the Detox Delusion: Insights from Social Nudism," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 100-123, March.
- Clinton Amos & Nancy Spears & Iryna Pentina, 2016. "Rhetorical Analysis of Resistance to Environmentalism As Enactment of Morality Play between Social and Ecological Well-Being," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 224-259, March.
- Peyer, Mathias & Balderjahn, Ingo & Seegebarth, Barbara & Klemm, Alexandra, 2017. "The role of sustainability in profiling voluntary simplifiers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 37-43.
- Banbury, Catherine & Stinerock, Robert & Subrahmanyan, Saroja, 2012. "Sustainable consumption: Introspecting across multiple lived cultures," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(4), pages 497-503.
- Nepomuceno, Marcelo Vinhal & Laroche, Michel, 2015. "The impact of materialism and anti-consumption lifestyles on personal debt and account balances," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 654-664.
- Wiedmann, Klaus-Peter & Hennigs, Nadine & Pankalla, Lars & Kassubek, Martin & Seegebarth, Barbara, 2011. "Adoption barriers and resistance to sustainable solutions in the automotive sector," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(11), pages 1201-1206.
- Sussan, Fiona & Hall, Richard & Meamber, Laurie A., 2012. "Introspecting the spiritual nature of a brand divorce," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(4), pages 520-526.
- Nguyen, Hieu P. & Chen, Steven & Mukherjee, Sayantani, 2014. "Reverse stigma in the Freegan community," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(9), pages 1877-1884.
- Ulusoy, Emre, 2016. "Subcultural escapades via music consumption: Identity transformations and extraordinary experiences in Dionysian music subcultures," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 244-254.
- Vallaster, Christine & von Wallpach, Sylvia, 2013. "An online discursive inquiry into the social dynamics of multi-stakeholder brand meaning co-creation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(9), pages 1505-1515.
- Millan, Elena & De Pelsmacker, Patrick & Wright, Len Tiu, 2013. "Clothing consumption in two recent EU Member States: A cross-cultural study," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(8), pages 975-982.
- Murat Hakan Altintas & Bahar F. Kurtulmusoglu & Hans Ruediger Kaufmann & Serkan Kilic, 2013. "Consumer boycotts of foreign products: a metric model," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 15(34), pages 485-504, June.
- Monika Kavaliauske & Edita Simanaviciute, 2015. "Brand Avoidance: Relations Between Brand-Related Stimuli And Negative Emotions," Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies, Faculty of Economics, Vilnius University, vol. 6(1).
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:143:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2792-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- S. Umit Kucuk, 2016. "Exploring the Legality of Consumer Anti-branding Activities in the Digital Age," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 139(1), pages 77-93, November.
- Thomas Anker & Peter Sandøe & Tanja Kamin & Klemens Kappel, 2011. "Health Branding Ethics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 104(1), pages 33-45, November.
- Marcelo Vinhal Nepomuceno & Michel Laroche, 2016. "Do I Fear Death? The Effects of Mortality Salience on Anti-Consumption Lifestyles," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 124-144, March.
- Marco Galvagno & Sonia C. Giaccone, 2015. "Second-hand shopping. analisi delle motivazioni d’acquisto e implicazioni per la distribuzione," MERCATI E COMPETITIVITÀ, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2015(1), pages 123-147.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer resistance Identity Voluntary simplicity Culture jamming;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:62:y:2009:i:2:p:181-190. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.