Efficient theory development and factor retention criteria: Abandon the `eigenvalue greater than one' criterion
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Armstrong, J. Scott, 1967.
"Derivation of theory by means of factor analysis or Tom Swift and his electric factor analysis machine,"
81667, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- J.S. Armstrong, 2005. "Derivation of Theory by Means of Factor Analysis or Tom Swift and His Electric Factor Analysis Machine," General Economics and Teaching 0502004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Valette-Florence, P. & Jolibert, A., 1990. "Social values, A.I.O., and consumption patterns : Exploratory findings," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 109-122, March.
- John Horn, 1965. "A rationale and test for the number of factors in factor analysis," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 30(2), pages 179-185, June.
- Snipes, Robin L. & Oswald, Sharon L. & LaTour, Michael & Armenakis, Achilles A., 2005. "The effects of specific job satisfaction facets on customer perceptions of service quality: an employee-level analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(10), pages 1330-1339, October.
- Russell, James A & Mehrabian, Albert, 1976. " Environmental Variables in Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 62-63, June.
- Wayne Velicer, 1976. "Determining the number of components from the matrix of partial correlations," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 41(3), pages 321-327, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sofie Kragh Pedersen & Alexander K. Koch & Julia Nafziger, 2014. "Who Wants Paternalism?," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(S1), pages 147-166, December.
- Eric Tate, 2012. "Social vulnerability indices: a comparative assessment using uncertainty and sensitivity analysis," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 63(2), pages 325-347, September.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:482:y:2017:i:c:p:796-807 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huan, Tzung-Cheng T.C., 2016. "Seeing further: Honoring John Urry's contributions to tourism and hospitality research," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 1228-1233.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:61:y:2008:i:2:p:162-170. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.