A typology of online shoppers based on shopping motivations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eastlick, Mary Ann & Feinberg, Richard A., 1999. "Shopping Motives for Mail Catalog Shopping," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 281-290, July.
- John G. Lynch , Jr. & Dan Ariely, 2000. "Wine Online: Search Costs Affect Competition on Price, Quality, and Distribution," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(1), pages 83-103, April.
- McAlister, Leigh & Pessemier, Edgar, 1982. "Variety Seeking Behavior: An Interdisciplinary Review," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(3), pages 311-322, December.
- Menon, Satya & Kahn, Barbara E, 1995. "The Impact of Context on Variety Seeking in Product Choices," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 285-295, December.
- Sridhar Balasubramanian, 1998. "Mail versus Mall: A Strategic Analysis of Competition between Direct Marketers and Conventional Retailers," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(3), pages 181-195.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Anindya Ghose & Avi Goldfarb & Sang Pil Han, 2013. "How Is the Mobile Internet Different? Search Costs and Local Activities," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 24(3), pages 613-631, September.
- C. Goukens & S. Dewitte & I. Anthoons, 2003. "When New Feels Good. Enhancing Variety Seeking by Using Subtle Priming," Review of Business and Economic Literature, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Review of Business and Economic Literature, vol. 0(3), pages 469-488.
- Fay, Scott, 2008. "Selling an opaque product through an intermediary: The case of disguising one's product," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 59-75.
- Mingming Shi & Jun Zhou & Zhou Jiang, 2019. "Consumer heterogeneity and online vs. offline retail spatial competition," Frontiers of Business Research in China, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 1-19, December.
- Wu, Pei-Hsun & Kao, Danny Tengti, 2011. "Goal orientation and variety seeking behavior: The role of decision task," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 65-72, February.
- Paswan, Audhesh & Pineda, María de los Dolores Santarriaga & Ramirez, Francisco Carlos Soto, 2010. "Small versus large retail stores in an emerging market--Mexico," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(7), pages 667-672, July.
- Xubing Zhang, 2009. "Retailers' Multichannel and Price Advertising Strategies," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(6), pages 1080-1094, 11-12.
- Heitz-Spahn, Sandrine, 2013. "Cross-channel free-riding consumer behavior in a multichannel environment: An investigation of shopping motives, sociodemographics and product categories," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 570-578.
- Harper Roehm & Michelle Roehm, 2004. "Variety-Seeking and Time of Day: Why Leader Brands Hope Young Adults Shop in the Afternoon, but Follower Brands Hope for Morning," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 213-221, December.
- Nanarpuzha, Rajesh, 2013. "Modeling Situational Factors in Variety Seeking Behaviour: An Extension of the Lightning Bolt Model," IIMA Working Papers WP2013-12-04, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Ahlert, Dieter & Evanschitzky, Heiner & Thesing, Miriam, 2006. "Kundentypologie in der Multikanalwelt: Ergebnisse einer Online- und Offline-Befragung," Working Papers 44, University of Münster, Competence Center Internet Economy and Hybrid Systems, European Research Center for Information Systems (ERCIS).
- Bistra Vassileva & Yordan Ivanov, 2017. "“3G” Business Model for Marketing 4.0: Implications for Circular Economy," Journal of Emerging Trends in Marketing and Management, The Bucharest University of Economic Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 124-134, October.
- Punj, Girish, 2011. "Impulse buying and variety seeking: Similarities and differences," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(7), pages 745-748, July.
- Spassova, Gerri & Isen, Alice M., 2013. "Positive affect moderates the impact of assortment size on choice satisfaction," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 89(4), pages 397-408.
- Desai, Kalpesh Kaushik & Trivedi, Minakshi, 2014. "Do consumer perceptions matter in measuring choice variety and variety seeking?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 2786-2792.
- Avornyo, Philip & Fang, Jiaming & Antwi, Collins Opoku & Aboagye, Michael Osei & Boadi, Evans Asante, 2019. "Are customers still with us? The influence of optimum stimulation level and IT-specific traits on mobile banking discontinuous usage intentions," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 348-360.
- Legohérel, Patrick & Hsu, Cathy H.C. & Daucé, Bruno, 2015. "Variety-seeking: Using the CHAID segmentation approach in analyzing the international traveler market," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 359-366.
- Chang, Chingching, 2011. "The Effect of the Number of Product Subcategories on Perceived Variety and Shopping Experience in an Online Store," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 159-168.
- Konuş, Umut & Neslin, Scott A. & Verhoef, Peter C., 2014. "The effect of search channel elimination on purchase incidence, order size and channel choice," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 49-64.
- Mantrala, Murali K. & Levy, Michael & Kahn, Barbara E. & Fox, Edward J. & Gaidarev, Peter & Dankworth, Bill & Shah, Denish, 2009. "Why is Assortment Planning so Difficult for Retailers? A Framework and Research Agenda," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 71-83.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:57:y:2004:i:7:p:748-757. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.