Modeling systemic risk and dependence structure between oil and stock markets using a variational mode decomposition-based copula method
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hansen, Bruce E, 1994.
"Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(3), pages 705-730, August.
- Hansen, B.E., 1992. "Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation," RCER Working Papers 322, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Hansen's GARCH models with time-varying t-densities," Statistical Software Components RTZ00086, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Cong, Rong-Gang & Wei, Yi-Ming & Jiao, Jian-Lin & Fan, Ying, 2008. "Relationships between oil price shocks and stock market: An empirical analysis from China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 3544-3553, September.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Bollerslev, Tim & Mikkelsen, Hans Ole, 1996.
"Fractionally integrated generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 3-30, September.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Baillie, Bollerslev, Mikkelson FIGARCH results," Statistical Software Components RTZ00009, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Aloui, Riadh & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2013. "A time-varying copula approach to oil and stock market dependence: The case of transition economies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 208-221.
- Hedi Arouri, Mohamed El & Khuong Nguyen, Duc, 2010.
"Oil prices, stock markets and portfolio investment: Evidence from sector analysis in Europe over the last decade,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4528-4539, August.
- Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2010. "Oil Prices, Stock Markets and Portfolio Investment: Evidence from Sector Analysis in Europe over the Last Decade," Working Papers hal-00507823, HAL.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Balcilar, Mehmet & Ozdemir, Zeynel Abidin, 2013. "The causal nexus between oil prices and equity market in the U.S.: A regime switching model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 271-282.
- Kang, Wensheng & Ratti, Ronald A. & Yoon, Kyung Hwan, 2015.
"Time-varying effect of oil market shocks on the stock market,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 61(S2), pages 150-163.
- Wensheng Kang & Ronald A. Ratti & Kyung Hwan Yoon, 2015. "Time-varying effect of oil market shocks on the stock market," CAMA Working Papers 2015-35, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Reboredo, Juan C. & Ugolini, Andrea, 2015. "Systemic risk in European sovereign debt markets: A CoVaR-copula approach," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 214-244.
- Sadorsky, Perry, 2012. "Correlations and volatility spillovers between oil prices and the stock prices of clean energy and technology companies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 248-255.
- Balcilar, Mehmet & Gupta, Rangan & Miller, Stephen M., 2015.
"Regime switching model of US crude oil and stock market prices: 1859 to 2013,"
Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 317-327.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta & Stephen M. Miller, 2014. "Regime Switching Model of US Crude Oil and Stock Market Prices: 1859 to 2013," Working papers 2014-26, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta & Stephen M. Miller, 2014. "Regime Switching Model of US Crude Oil and Stock Market Prices: 1859 to 2013," Working Papers 201429, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Yang, Liansheng & Zhu, Yingming & Wang, Yudong & Wang, Yiqi, 2016. "Multifractal detrended cross-correlations between crude oil market and Chinese ten sector stock markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 462(C), pages 255-265.
- Ding, Haoyuan & Kim, Hyung-Gun & Park, Sung Y., 2016. "Crude oil and stock markets: Causal relationships in tails?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 58-69.
- Sim, Nicholas & Zhou, Hongtao, 2015. "Oil prices, US stock return, and the dependence between their quantiles," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 1-8.
- Girardi, Giulio & Tolga Ergün, A., 2013. "Systemic risk measurement: Multivariate GARCH estimation of CoVaR," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3169-3180.
- Abadie A., 2002. "Bootstrap Tests for Distributional Treatment Effects in Instrumental Variable Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 284-292, March.
- Chen, Nai-Fu & Roll, Richard & Ross, Stephen A, 1986. "Economic Forces and the Stock Market," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(3), pages 383-403, July.
- Vo, Minh, 2011. "Oil and stock market volatility: A multivariate stochastic volatility perspective," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 956-965, September.
- Sadorsky, Perry, 1999. "Oil price shocks and stock market activity," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 449-469, October.
- Jones, Charles M & Kaul, Gautam, 1996. " Oil and the Stock Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 463-491, June.
- Raza, Naveed & Jawad Hussain Shahzad, Syed & Tiwari, Aviral Kumar & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2016. "Asymmetric impact of gold, oil prices and their volatilities on stock prices of emerging markets," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 290-301.
- Andrew J. Patton, 2006. "Modelling Asymmetric Exchange Rate Dependence," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 47(2), pages 527-556, May.
- Mohanty, Sunil & Nandha, Mohan & Bota, Gabor, 2010. "Oil shocks and stock returns: The case of the Central and Eastern European (CEE) oil and gas sectors," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 358-372, December.
- Du, Limin & He, Yanan, 2015. "Extreme risk spillovers between crude oil and stock markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 455-465.
- Roger D. Huang & Ronald W. Masulis & Hans R. Stoll, 1996. "Energy shocks and financial markets," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 1-27, February.
- Ciner Cetin, 2001. "Energy Shocks and Financial Markets: Nonlinear Linkages," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(3), pages 1-11, October.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:68:y:2017:i:c:p:53-65 is not listed on IDEAS
- Qiang Ji & Bing-Yue Liu & Juncal Cunado & Rangan Gupta, 2017. "Risk Spillover between the US and the Remaining G7 Stock Markets Using Time-Varying Copulas with Markov Switching: Evidence from Over a Century of Data," Working Papers 201759, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:118:y:2018:i:c:p:182-198 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:72:y:2018:i:c:p:120-134 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:67:y:2018:i:c:p:149-161 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:476-495 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:mulfin:v:44:y:2018:i:c:p:61-68 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:501:y:2018:i:c:p:98-110 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:enepol:v:116:y:2018:i:c:p:127-136 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:68:y:2017:i:c:p:1-18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shahzad, Syed Jawad Hussain & Hernandez, Jose Arreola & Al-Yahyaee, Khamis Hamed & Jammazi, Rania, 2018.
"Asymmetric risk spillovers between oil and agricultural commodities,"
Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 182-198.
- Syed Jawad Hussain Shahzad & Jose Arreola Hernandez & Khamis Hamed Al-Yahyaee & Rania Jammazi, 2018. "Asymmetric risk spillovers between oil and agricultural commodities," Post-Print hal-01774528, HAL.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:71:y:2018:i:c:p:35-46 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:nathaz:v:88:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11069-017-2881-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Qiang Ji & Hardik A. Marfatia & Rangan Gupta, 2018. "Information Spillover across International Real Estate Investment Trusts: Evidence from an Entropy-Based Network Analysis," Working Papers 201815, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsOil prices; Stock markets; Risk spillovers; Copula; Variational mode decomposition; Delta CoVaR;
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- F37 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Finance Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:75:y:2017:i:c:p:258-279. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.