Energy Shocks and Financial Markets: Nonlinear Linkages
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Campbell, John Y, 1991. "A Variance Decomposition for Stock Returns," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(405), pages 157-179, March.
- William J. Crowder & Anas Hamed, 1993. "A cointegration test for oil futures market efficiency," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(8), pages 933-941, December.
- Knut Anton Mork & Oystein Olsen & Hans Terje Mysen, 1994. "Macroeconomic Responses to Oil Price Increases and Decreases in Seven OECD Countries," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 19-36.
- Hamilton, James D., 2003. "What is an oil shock?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 363-398, April.
- Bansal, Ravi & Hsieh, David A & Viswanathan, S, 1993. "A New Approach to International Arbitrage Pricing," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1719-1747, December.
- Geweke, John & Meese, Richard & Dent, Warren, 1983. "Comparing alternative tests of causality in temporal systems : Analytic results and experimental evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 161-194, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lang, Korbinian & Auer, Benjamin R., 2020. "The economic and financial properties of crude oil: A review," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C).
- Francçois Lescaroux, 2011. "The Oil Price-Microeconomy Relationship is Alive and Well," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 25-48.
- Awerbuch, Shimon & Sauter, Raphael, 2006.
"Exploiting the oil-GDP effect to support renewables deployment,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 2805-2819, November.
- Shimon Awerbuch & Raphael Sauter, 2005. "Exploiting the Oil-GDP Effect to Support Renewables Deployment," SPRU Working Paper Series 129, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Mohamed Amine BOUTABA, 2009. "Does Carbon Affect European Oil Companies' Equity Values?," EcoMod2009 21500018, EcoMod.
- Mehdi Behname, 2013. "The relationship between Market Size, Inflation and Energy," Economic Analysis Working Papers (2002-2010). Atlantic Review of Economics (2011-2016), Colexio de Economistas de A Coruña, Spain and Fundación Una Galicia Moderna, vol. 2, pages 1-1, December.
- Huntington, Hillard G., 2004. "Shares, gaps and the economy's response to oil disruptions," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 415-424, May.
- Adeosun, Opeoluwa Adeniyi & Tabash, Mosab I. & Anagreh, Suhaib, 2022. "Oil price and economic performance: Additional evidence from advanced economies," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C).
- Ramos, Sofia B. & Veiga, Helena, 2011.
"Risk factors in oil and gas industry returns: International evidence,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 525-542, May.
- Ramos, Sofia B. & Veiga, Helena, 2009. "Risk factors in oil and gas industry returns: international evidence," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws096920, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Ali Ahmed, Huson Joher & Wadud, I.K.M. Mokhtarul, 2011. "Role of oil price shocks on macroeconomic activities: An SVAR approach to the Malaysian economy and monetary responses," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 8062-8069.
- Engemann, Kristie M. & Kliesen, Kevin L. & Owyang, Michael T., 2011.
"Do Oil Shocks Drive Business Cycles? Some U.S. And International Evidence,"
Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(S3), pages 498-517, November.
- Kristie M. Engemann & Kevin L. Kliesen & Michael T. Owyang, 2010. "Do oil shocks drive business cycles? some U.S. and international evidence," Working Papers 2010-007, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Hillard G. Huntington, 2017.
"The Historical Roots of U.S. Energy Price Shocks,"
The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 5).
- Huntington, Hillard, 2016. "The Historical “Roots” of U.S. Energy Price Shocks," MPRA Paper 74935, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kolodzeij, Marek & Kaufmann, Robert.K., 2014. "Oil demand shocks reconsidered: A cointegrated vector autoregression," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 33-40.
- Huntington, Hillard, 2016. "The Historical “Roots” of U.S. Energy Price Shocks: Supplemental Results," MPRA Paper 74701, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta & Ýsmail H. Gençb, 2016.
"The links between crude oil prices and GCC stock markets: Evidence from time-varying Granger causality tests,"
15-30, Eastern Mediterranean University, Department of Economics.
- Mehmet Balcilar & İsmail H. Genç & Rangan Gupta, 2016. "The Links between Crude Oil Prices and GCC Stock Markets: Evidence from Time-Varying Granger Causality Tests," Working Papers 201644, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Herrera, Ana María & Lagalo, Latika Gupta & Wada, Tatsuma, 2015. "Asymmetries in the response of economic activity to oil price increases and decreases?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 108-133.
- Cunado, Juncal & Perez de Gracia, Fernando, 2003.
"Do oil price shocks matter? Evidence for some European countries,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 137-154, March.
- Juncal Cuñado & Fernando Pérez de Gracia, "undated". "Do Oil Price Shocks Matter? Evidence For Some Europesan Countries," Working Papers on International Economics and Finance 01-02, FEDEA.
- Juncal Cuñado & Fernando Pérez de Gracia, 2001. "Do oil price shocks matter? Evidence for some European countries," Working Papers 01-02, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- Qi Zhang & Yi Hu & Jianbin Jiao & Shouyang Wang, 2022. "Exploring the Trend of Commodity Prices: A Review and Bibliometric Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(15), pages 1-22, August.
- Juan Manuel Candelo-Viafara & Andrés Oviedo-Gómez, 2021. "La tasa de cambio y sus impactos en los agregados económicos colombianos: una aproximación FAVAR," Revista Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Militar Nueva Granada, vol. 29(2), pages 121-142, October.
- Raúl J. Crespo & José A. Zambrano, 2018. "Macroeconomic Impacts of Oil Price Shocks in Venezuela," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 18/703, School of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Xiaohong Chen & Sydney C. Ludvigson, 2009.
"Land of addicts? an empirical investigation of habit-based asset pricing models,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(7), pages 1057-1093.
- Xiaohong Chen & Sydney C. Ludvigson, 2009. "Land of addicts? an empirical investigation of habit‐based asset pricing models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(7), pages 1057-1093, November.
- Sydney Ludvigson & Xiaohong Chen, 2004. "Land of Addicts? An Empirical Investigation of Habit-Based Asset Pricing Models," 2004 Meeting Papers 692, Society for Economic Dynamics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:sndecm:v:5:y:2001:i:3:n:3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Peter Golla (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.